By Vitaly Pronkin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** For live performances please consider trying SoundGrid Live! instead. ***
SoundGrid is powerful yet easy to use matrix sequencer for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad, allowing to create melodies in a moment and wherever you are. It was inspired by famous Tenori-on by Yamaha and popular ToneMatrix web app (http://bit.ly/tonema).
Even if you have never composed music, you will find SoundGrid simple and exciting to play with and will start creating unique compositions in minutes with just the tips of your fingers. Then easily share them with other users and in turn browse, download and rate their creations. You can also record tracks and live performances to audio file, upload it directly to SoundCloud or export to a computer. For more experienced users SoundGrid offers advanced features and has everything you need to create longer and rich compositions and live performances.
** Please also check our application SoundGrid Live! - it's similar to SoundGrid but focused on live performances and has more performance modes.
Listen to tracks created in SoundGrid - http://soundcloud.com/groups/soundgrid and on http://www.mifki.com/soundgrid/#sg . Follow @mifki on Twitter for news and updates.
= FEATURES =
✔ Up to eight 16x16 matrix layers with up to 8 patterns per layer with different melodies
- Song Mode to automatically play one pattern after another
- Live Play Mode made specially for live performances
- Draw mode to play sounds as you multi-touch or draw over the screen
✔ Various instruments
- More than 20 instruments available with high-quality stereo samples
- Download and install additional instruments right from the app for FREE (no additional in-app purchases)
- Web Console to create instruments with your own samples
✔ High quality fast audio engine
- Real-time sound effects: Amp Envelope, Delay and Lowpass/Highpass/Bandpass/Notch resonant filter
- True 128 note polyphony with all effects turned on (on iPhone 4, older devices have lower limits)
✔ Share your compositions with other users, browse, download and rate their creations
✔ Recording to audio file
- Directly upload to SoundCloud, send via email or download using Web Console
- Export in WAV, AAC and ringtone formats
✔ Adjustable project tempo, adjustable looping range for each pattern, pattern randomization, switchable musical scales, patterns copy/paste
✔ Easily load projects with graphical previews
= REVIEWS =
5/5, "the creme de la creme of matrix sequencer apps" - SlapApp.com
4.2, "Whether you are an advanced musician or just someone who enjoys easily creating your own unique tunes, you should definitely pick this one up." - AppVee.com
What's New in Version 3.45
* Mistake fixed in scales definition file
- Category: Music
- Updated: 03 May 2011
- Version: 3.45
- Size: 24.3 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Vitaly Pronkin
- © 2009-2012 Vitaliy Pronkin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.