Touch And Go Knitting HD
By Touch and Go
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
--- New and Noteworthy Jun 2010----
All reviews from: Australia
Very handy - ★★★
Version 1.00 - Dec 20, 2010
This program is good for what it does, but unfortunately doesn't cover all the elements of a basic garment. It really needs a screen for armhole and shoulder pieces. Neckline, buttonholes, sleeves and cuffs are helpful. Scarves and shawls are relatively straightforward to calculate yourself, but it's more difficult to work out how to shape armholes and shoulders. I also agree with the previous comment about asymmetrical shapes. For the price I did expect more.
Touch and go knitting - ★★★★
by Merrihenry - Version 1.00 - Oct 14, 2010
Great help using schematic drawings as patterns. Great help for writing patterns. Would be even better if the taper could be used to describe asymmetrical trapezoidal shapes, and the shawl/triangle could be dragged into asymmetric shapes./////////////////////////////////
All Reviews From Canada:
Finally a knitting app! - ★★★★
by Not to be Burned in Burnaby - Version 1.00 - Aug 14, 2010
I'm so happy to see this app I want to give it 5 stars just for being there, but I know there are more improvements coming in later versions, so I have to leave room for improvement. It's easy to use and handy to have along on my iPhone or iPad. The basics are there: useful stitch guides, double row counters, swatching tools (and you can record all the details of your swatch in an image in your photo library), patterns for sleeves, cuffs, necklines, all adjustable to your swatch and desired dimensions. Definitely worth it if you are weary of ill-fitting knitting that no one will wear.
All Reviews from UK:
No More Sums! - ★★★★★
by @@&@@ - Version 1.00 - Mar 30, 2011
I have just downloaded this app, have used it to help with an increase row from cuff to arm and for once I haven't had to sit for ages trying to work out where to put the increase stitches! I have had a quick look at the other areas and I know for a fact it is going to be extremely helpful in the future whatever I am knitting. Your first up-date should be a graph page to be able to select from various 'objects' that can be dropped within a graph to include patterns within the garment if necessary! Thanks in anticipation! SW
Touch And Go Knitting HD (TAG) for the iPad, is the new way to bypass knitting's biggest headache, MATH. This is a visual user app that takes advantage of iPads touch features. You won't find any scientific calculator looking views. Tape Measures run the app. Touch a dimension arrow, and the yellow measuring tape appears. Now slide your finger and watch as the knitting patterns and inches/rows/sts/cm change values and shape as you dial in the inches/centimeters you want. Lift your finger …. the sts/row knitting instructions appear as the yellow tape hides itself away. No more math.
- Runs seamlessly in Inches or Centimeters.
- Adjusts itself to Portrait or Landscape.
- Visual Interface. All knitting patterns move in real time.
- Convert patterns. Use TAG to convert lengths, width and angles into different gauges.
- How to use: Every function screen has a single click transparent overlay.
- Even stitches on One line:Figures evenly distributed inc/dec on one row.
- Button Holes: Dial in Band Sts or Rows, top, add bottom Sts, Number of buttons, button width.
- Taper: Gradually increase or decrease on a longer size
- Test Swatch: Compute your gauges and with any number of row and stitches.
- Raglan: Set Top,Bottom and Lengths for inc/dec instructions.
- Neckline: Set Top,Bottom and Depth for inc/dec instructions.
- Shawl:Top,Length for inc/dec instructions.
- Memory: Most screens retain the last setting….always saves if Centimeters or Inches, last Sts/Row Gauge
- Counter: Two independent counters that never sleep or forget.
- Gauges: Uses standard 4x4 inch & 10 x 10 cm OR 1x1 inch and 2.5 x 2.5 cm