Anatomy Lectures Topics in Focus
By Andrew Whitaker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn human anatomy with this app - our series of 38 mini-lectures, each focusing on a single topic of human anatomy.
The lectures are aimed at anyone studying human anatomy. They are ideal for medical or nursing students, biological studies students and physiotherapists or doctors looking to refresh their knowledge.
Presented by Doctor Robert Whitaker, these audio lectures are brought to life with 975 anatomical diagrams and over 5 hours of audio. All diagrams can be zoomed using the pinch gesture and are can be viewed in either portrait or landscape. Each lecture lasts approximately 10 minutes.
The subjects covered in this series include:
• Flexor Retinaculum and Carpal Tunnel
• Brachial Plexus
• Abduction of the shoulder
• Bones of the Hand and Foot
• Vertebral Levels of Structures
• Revision MCQs on the Upper Limb
• Dermatomes: An overview
• Inguinal Canal
• Blood Supply of the Heart
• Surface Markings in the Thorax
• Blood Supply of the Stomach
• Abdominal Autonomics and Referred Pain
• Skull foramina and their contents
• An alternative aide memoire for the skull foramina
• Foramina of the Base of the Skull from Below
• An Algorhythm for Determining the Nerve Supply of Muscles in the Head
• Cranial Nerves from the Brain to Foramina
• Cranial Nerve Nuclei and Fibres
• Cortical Control of the Cranial Nerves
• Rules and exceptions in the Head and Neck
• Visual Pathways
• Accommodation & Pupillary Constriction
• Eye Movements
• Pupillary Light Reflex
• Near Reflex
• Horner’s versus an Oculomotor Lesion
• Localising Facial Nerve Lesions
• Principles of “Hitchhiking” of Autonomic Nerves on Cranial Nerves
• Parasympathetic Supply of the Head
• Tabulated Parasympathetic Pathways in the Head
• Types of Ganglia
• Chorda Tympani
• Greater Petrosal Nerve
• Lesser Petrosal Nerve
• Sympathetic Connections between the Spinal Cord and Sympathetic Chain
• Sympathetic Chain in the Neck
• Sympathetics to the Pupil and Levator Palpebrae Superioris
• Autonomic Connections in the Head
The material is presented by Dr Robert Whitaker who spent his clinical career as a paediatric urological surgeon. Having retired from surgery, Dr Whitaker now teaches clinically applied topographical anatomy to first-year medical students at the University of Cambridge, in the UK. He also teaches clinically applied anatomy to surgical, radiological and other speciality trainees and is a former examiner for the MRCS at the English and Edinburgh Colleges of Surgeons. Dr Whitaker is also the co-author of the top selling book Instant Anatomy.
See our website for more information - www.instantanatomy.net
What's New in Version 3.3
Seek bar added for the audio.
- USD 7.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 25 March 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 337 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Andrew WHITAKER
- © 2014 Instant Anatomy www.instantanatomy.net
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.