Kiosk Pro Basic
By Kiosk Group, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Kiosk Pro is a flexible solution for any project that makes an iPad available to visitors.
As a specialized web browser, Kiosk Pro Basic can display web pages, documents or audio & video files. Show content that’s hosted online or stored locally on the device.
Kiosk Pro Basic builds on the functionality included in our Lite version, adding offline access to locally-stored content, remote update of app settings, the ability to set custom links in the navigation bar, and connecting to AirPrint enabled printers.
• Define a homepage as the starting place for the presentation.
• Set an idle timer so that when a visitor walks away, the next person will have a fresh experience, starting right at the beginning.
• Increase visitor turnover at your kiosk by setting a browsing time limit.
• Clear the cache and/or cookies to secure personal information.
• Specify what’s off limits on the web by creating lists of allowed & restricted domains.
• Block access to other apps, including the native email or phone, that could otherwise be opened through links.
• Disable touch interaction when used for digital signage.
CONTROL THE DISPLAY
• Hide status, address, and/or navigation bars to make your content look like a native app.
• Customize the navigation with your own color scheme and bookmarked links.
• Works in any language - add your own translated text for on-screen alerts and navigation.
• Store content locally for offline viewing.
• Shift between online and offline content automatically if your device drops its Internet connection.
• Update your app settings by uploading a setting configuration onto your own servers.
• Set up email alerts for power loss and/or remote updates.
• Save visitor form data locally on the device.
• Access current device orientation data to optimize how your content is displayed.
Support is built right into our apps with documentation of every feature and direct access to our extensive Knowledge Base.
Kiosk Pro Basic is compatible with most web content, including HTML web pages, PDFs, and multimedia (including .mp4 video). While certain Powerpoint, Keynote, and Word files are also supported, they are displayed as static documents. Kiosk Pro Basic cannot display multiple tabs or pop-ups, other apps, or Flash-based content.
To prevent visitors from exiting Kiosk Pro Basic, you must enable Guided Access in the iPad settings or use Apple’s Configurator app to supervise the iPad into Single App Mode.
Our professional kiosk enclosures secure your iPad from theft or damage. See iPadKiosks.com for more details!
What's New in Version 8.4
● Added Allowed and Restricted Domains screening for asynchronous navigation requests, which are frequently used by complex web apps, including YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Due to how iOS handles these requests, this screening occurs after page load, meaning that the page will display briefly. When Kiosk Pro sees the page and identifies it is not allowed, it will immediately navigate to the previous page and display a blocked request alert if configured to do so.
CHANGES & ENHANCEMENTS
● Updated our algorithms to prevent text selection inside an input on devices running iOS 11.
● New graphic assets for the 10.5-inch iPad Pro.
● The app now automatically dismisses any blocked request alert shown after a few seconds.
● Removed ‘Disable Tel: Links’ setting as it was incompatible with Apple’s latest revision of their App Review Guidelines.
● Clear Cookies now clears any HTML5 session storage created by a site in addition to cookies.
● The status bar was displayed with the incorrect background color after returning to the settings menu using a touch gesture and passcode.
● When a URL with an encoded ampersand character is set as the Homepage, the app will now automatically decode the ampersand to correctly display the page.
We love hearing your feedback so if you have something to share, get in touch with us at email@example.com. If you like the app, please consider leaving us a rating and review.
- USD 19.99
- Category: Business
- Updated: 13 September 2017
- Version: 8.4
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Kiosk Group, Inc.
- © Kiosk Group, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.