Math Graphing XL
By KYBERVISION JAPAN LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Graph and interact with your Math formulas on your iPad!
[Compatible now with iOS 7]
MATH GRAPHING XL is a powerful & unique 1D graphing calculator to graph mathematical expressions of arbitrary complexity. It can help students improve their math skills by developing some visual intuition of mathematical expressions or advanced users who need some scientific capabilities only available with expensive desktop software.
MATH GRAPHING XL provides the following functionalities:
- Multiple expressions with quasi-unlimited number of variables can be combined to produce simple or complex formulas,
- Interactive sliders can be created to visually investigate the role of important parameters on the graphical representation of the formulas,
- Trace mode to display coordinates and derivative of marker on selected curve,
- Solver tool to solve y = f(x) where x or y are unknown, or find local/global minima/maxima/extrema (NEW!),
- Formula graphs can be saved to the device's Photos Album, or the formulas be exported through email with embedded graphs,
- A list of favorite formulas can be created for editing or archival purposes,
- Several formulas can be plotted simultaneously in different colors and styles,
- Customizable graph and formula appearance: axes labels, title, curve color and style, ticks number, grid, wallpaper, font, font size, etc.
- Single-precision calculator supporting variables, multiple expressions, and on-the-fly evaluation (NEW!).
Example of mathematical expression:
# Gabor function
x = 0:1:100
sigma = 1:50; freq = 0:0.1; phase = 0:180
u = cos(2*pi*(x-50)*freq+phase*pi/180)
v = e^(-((x-50)^2)/(2*sigma^2))
y = u*v
plot(u,'lr'); plot(v,'lg'); plot(y,'lw')
What's New in Version 1.3
Fix launch crash with iOS 7