By BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
** Winner, Australian Aerospace Ltd Civil Innovation Award 2015 **
** Approved by CASA under CAR 233 1(h) **
Get flying faster with AvPlan - the premier lifetime Electronic Flight Bag app that grows with you.
Continuing to lead the market with unparalleled innovation and functionality, AvPlan features multiple Australian firsts with terrain warning, touch to display restricted airspace status, automatic IFR airway planning and geo-referenced airport taxi & instrument approach diagrams to arm you with superior situational awareness.
Envisioned, developed and rigorously tested over a two year period by Australian pilots for Australian pilots, AvPlan integrates everything you need to prepare, plan and execute your flight - whether it be in a recreational aircraft, corporate jet or something in between.
Your AvPlan EFB comes packed with the following features:
• Comprehensive VFR & IFR Flight Planning
• Complete official Australian airport/waypoint database
• All necessary documentation (ERSA,DAP,AIP, AIP SUP)
• Advanced aircraft flight model setup
• Automatic TOC, TOD, PNR and optimum altitude calculation
• Full NAIPS integration (WX, NOTAMS, flight plan submission/amendment)
• All Australian VFR & IFR aeronautical charts (with pan, zoom and rotation)
• Touch and drag (rubber band) graphical flight replanning/diversion
• Weight and balance (with loadsheet and passenger manifest)
• Graphical WX overlays on any chart (WX Radar, Lightning, METAR, SIGMET)
• GPS moving map with highly customizable display data labels including Area Frequency
• Touch-to-display restricted airspace status
• Terrain map overlay and in-flight terrain alerting
• Obstacle warnings when flight planning and in flight
• Geo-referenced airport diagrams (auto displays aircraft position on landing)
• Geo-referenced instrument approach plates
• AIP, AIP SUP & ERSA (including full text search and bookmark functions)
• Aircraft pilot operating handbook import
• Send a briefing pack to PDF file, email & Apple AirPrint compatible printers
• Extensive integration with external flight planning systems/panel GPS/FMS’s (including Garmin G1000)
• Ability to sync flight plans between Apple IOS devices
• Easy to access support from a team of committed professionals
• And heaps more we can’t list here
The Perfect Co-pilot
Intuitive, reliable and responsive, AvPlan’s inbuilt context awareness engine ensures it’s always up to date and ready to provide you with the right information at the right time, whether you’re preparing for your flight or already airborne.
Please note that Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
AvPlan – Plan faster, fly sooner
What's New in Version 5.0
AvPlan EFB leaps ahead with our first major release of 2015. In this release we've added a new interface optimised for the iPhone 6,6+, lots of new icons, artwork and many hints and tips across the app to ensure you can quickly find the relevant information.
• Export completed flight plans from AvPlan EFB into Jeppesen FliteDeck. Ideal for those who fly using Jeppesen charts, have Jeppesen charts in their panel or fly outside our detailed coverage areas. With this feature you can plan, brief (and soon file) and fly using AvPlan EFB anywhere in the world.
• New flight elevation view on iPad. Tap the mountain button on En Route. Shows terrain, obstacles, flight profile and airspace.
• Aircraft glide range and planner. In Fly mode you will see nearest airport that is within glide range, and a green area showing you where you can glide to. In Plan mode (for Pro subscribers) you will see all airports around your route, showing you what area you need to be in to glide to that airport.
• We introduce Avril and Avery. These are two people who can talk to you from the app. They will let you know through your headset (bluetooth or cable) of airspace, runways, heading changes, altitude warnings, battery levels and frequency changes.
• Double tap a flight plan route to see the RNP2 boundary around the route (the correct great circle path) highlighting the highest obstacle and terrain within the path. Pro subscribers will see the LSALT calculation and can automatically apply this to their flight plan.
• Fuel prices for Avgas and Jet-A. Look out for the ability to add, change fuel prices in AvPlan EFB 5.1
• Data downloads from nearby devices. When away from internet access, AvPlan EFB can now download data from nearby devices. All devices must be on the Data Downloads page for peer downloads to work.
• New high resolution weather radar. We have dramatically improved the contrast and resolution of the radar.
• Rocket boxes showing your track and heading can be added to your route. Tap the map settings button at the top right to activate.
• Mega-zoom now will auto-load airfield diagrams on the mega charts. Just zoom into an airport (YMMB for example) and the airport diagram will appear. Requires Pro subscription
• New quick plan entry at the top of the flight plan. The flight plan description field has moved to the bottom of the plan.
• New brightness controls with auto-dim. Auto-dim will help prevent over temperature shutdowns of your iPad when in bright sunlight (when the iPad gets hot from the sun, plus the iPad gets hot from the internal backlight making the screen bright because it is in the sun). The screen can auto-dim after a configurable delay. Just tap the screen to restore. The app isn't 'sleeping', it is running as usual with the screen dim.
• Weight and Balance quick setup. Tap the cog icon on the Weight and Balance page to change the aircraft loading units (kg, lbs, USG, litres) and other loading information
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 04 March 2015
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 34.6 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese
- Developer: BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
- © 2011 BJA Consulting Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.