Birds of Northern Europe
By NatureGuides Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A high-quality digital field guide, with bird names in 15 languages, covering 352 species of birds regularly seen in Northern Europe. This list covers all except rarer vagrants and includes every bird likely to be seen by the vast majority of birdwatchers in the region throughout the year. Countries covered include Britain, Ireland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Holland (The Netherlands), Belgium, Germany, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Luxembourg and Northern France. Comprehensive information is provided including: multiple annotated illustrations by leading artists showing the full range of plumages including rarer races and variations, beautiful still photographs for many species; songs and calls, maps showing distribution in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East and the full detailed text accounts from the Concise edition of Birds of the Western Palearctic (THE standard reference work originally published by Oxford University Press). Perfect for more experienced birders who will appreciate the comprehensive and professional ornithological content in this App.
• fully compatible with iPad using the full resolution of its larger screen
• species names translated into 13 languages plus International English and US English
• includes audio recordings of both songs and calls (which can be played on iPhone and iPod touch built-in speakers)
• annotated illustrations by top bird artists including Ian Lewington, Alan Harris, Mike Langman and DIM Wallace
• superb portrait photographs for many species
• definitive text accounts from the Concise edition of Birds of the Western Palearctic
• information on typical behaviour, identification and plumage variations
• many images showing nests, eggs and flight shots
• detailed distribution maps both for the whole Western Palearctic region
• quick search by species name or part of name
• organise bird names alphabetically or by family, with collapsible headings
• intuitive navigation uses gestures and flip-to-horizontal mode
• pinch zooming for visual assets
NAMES IN 15 LANGUAGES
Species and family names can be in any of the following languages, and changed at any time: Català, Dansk, Deutsch, English, English (International), English (US), Español, Français, Italiano, Nederlands, Norsk, Português, Suomi, Svenska, русский язык (Russian). Note that the species text accounts, assets captions and illustration annotations are in English only.
Produced and published by NatureGuides Ltd, the UK's leading developer of natural history software. Please visit www.natureguides.com to see the wide range of birding services and products that we offer. NatureGuides has been established for more than 15 years and is staffed entirely by people who are birders themselves. We publish reference guides for every level, from beginners to professional ornithologists. The content and design of this app for Northern European birds draws on this wealth of expertise. Please see our other apps in the iTunes store.
• To hear the songs, calls and commentaries, make sure your iPhone isn't switched to silent, and that the volume is turned up sufficiently.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
• Completely new design provides improves navigation.
• Compare mode allows side-by-side comparison of any species. A curated Similar Species list helps to compare the most confusable species.
• Secondary names allow species names to be viewed in two user-chosen languages.
• Illustrations have been digitally enhanced and are at higher resolution than previous versions.
• Star feature allows a species to be added to Favourites list.
- USD 20.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 02 June 2014
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 823 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: NatureGuides Ltd.
- © 2014 NaturesGuides Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.