Brain Tutor 3D
By Rainer Goebel, Brain Innovation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Explore the brain from the palm of your hand! Learn about the structure and function of the human brain by interacting with rotatable 3D models in real-time like you've never seen it before!
Brain Tutor 3D uses rendered head and brain models that were created from magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans. This allows to look "inside" the head using real-time slicing. For students, medical professional and everyone interested in the brain, the program contains information about major parcellation schemes of the cerebral cortex, including lobes, gyri, sulci and Brodmann areas.
With Brain Tutor 3D, you can:
- Explore 3D models of the head and brain in real-time
- Slice the brain along three axes (sagittal, axial and coronal)
- Present text information about lobes, gyri, sulci and Brodmann areas
- Learn where brain structures are located both within 3D brain models as well as in slice views
- To get started: Select a display mode from the buttons at the bottom. Select a manipulation mode (rotation, translation, slicing) from the buttons at the top of the screen. Move one finger to slice, translate and rotate, use two fingers to pinch-zoom.
- Category: Education
- Released: 09 January 2009
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 1.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Rainer Goebel
- © 2008 Rainer Goebel
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.