GPS Tracks HD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"One of the better GPS apps for sporting enthusiasts for the iPad..."
- Bryan Wolfe, AppAdvice.com
Do you want to track your outdoor activities?
Do you want to store your favorite destinations?
Do you need to navigate to waypoints?
Do you need to reference locations in MGRS or UTM notations as well as the decimal notation?
Would you like to share your location or any of your waypoint locations via text message or email?
No login or account required, just turn it on and go!
GPS Tracks is an ideal app for your outdoor navigational needs, it makes navigating to a specific point and tracking your outdoor activities very simple. It will keep track of your activities and allow you to easliy navigate to coordinates. The compass will display the next waypoint orientation to easily guide you in the right direction. It's unique in the fact that it draws a line from your location to the next waypoint and gives exact distance and estimated time of arrival to the waypoint. It will display coordinates in one of four different coordinate systems (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM). It will track your speed or pace depending on how fast you are traveling. It will track your current course, give you elapsed time, and distance traveled. It also gives you your current heading and has the option to have course-up or direction-up maps. GPS Tracks uses WGS84 datum, over 220 datums available with an In-App purchase.
iPhone 5 compatible.
Use Applications -
- Great for running, walking, biking, and hiking to track your route!
- Great for photographers who need to track location data for their pictures!
- Great for hunters and fishermen who need to store specific locations!
- Great for military navigational applications!
IOS 7 Users - Background App Refresh must be enabled to record a track in the background.
- Tracks your location/route of your activity
- Store favorite locations
- Take GPS static observations to average current location for more accurate waypoints
- Easily navigate to waypoints with the waypoint guide on the compass
- Add fully editable waypoints on the fly to your current track either manually or from you favorite locations
- Add a vector as a waypoint with angle and distance
- Convert between four sets of coordinates (Decimal, DMS, MGRS, UTM) anytime
- Glide Ratio is viewable and tracked during recording
- Use degrees or mils for the compass
- Add MGRS Grid overlay to map
- Create routes to follow manually before you start your track
- iCloud syncing (will sync between iPad and iPhone version)
- Import/Export to Dropbox or iTunes File Sharing
- Send locations to the Navigon/TomTom/Google app or the default Maps app for driving directions
- Share your location with friends with a text message (SMS) or email with a direct link to your location on a map
- Import and export tracks/coordinates in a BIN, CSV, GPX, or KML format
- Email exported files
- Share a saved track with another user or device with the BIN output
- Post track stats to Facebook and Twitter
- Export track with photos to KMZ file to export your photos taken during the track
- Limited support for importing NMEA files
Review History -
- View your track history which includes speed and altitude change over time and a plot of the track on the map
- Added the ability to re-trace your route to view precise speed altitude and distance per time
- Select an exact time and view the corresponding speed or altitude in the History tab.
There are many other great features.
*** Check out our new app named Fitness Tracks in the Health & Fitness section! ***
If you enjoy our app then please write us a review if you have a feature request or if you have any questions regarding the app then please email the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for all of your continued support.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
- Added more datums
- Added limited support to import NMEA formatted files
- iCloud syncing improvements
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 07 February 2014
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: David Morneault
- © 2011 David Morneault
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.