By Fabio Soldati
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The mountains are calling! Explore more mountains than any mountaineer! PeakFinder Earth makes it possible... and shows the names of all mountains and peaks with a 360° panorama display.
This functions completely offline – and worldwide!
PeakFinder knows more than 250’000 peaks - from Mount Everest to the little hill around the corner.
Winner of several prizes like 'Best of AppStore’‚ 'App of the Week, ...
Highly recommended by macnewsworld.com, nationalgeographic.com, smokinapps.com, outdoor-magazin.com, themetaq.com, digital-geography.com, ...
••• Features •••
- Works offline and worldwide
- Includes more than 250'000 peak names
- Fast rendering of the surrounding landscapes in a range of 300km/200mil
- Digital binoculars to select less prominent peaks
- 'Show me'-function for visible peaks
- Uses GPS to get your current location
- Maps (online) for viewpoint selection
- Dialog for entering coordinates manually
- Uses compass and accelerometer sensors
- Weekly updates of the peak directory
••• Comments •••
"Super easy handling, super smooth views and excellent user interface. I love hopping to my favorite mountains and enjoy the panorama, while being there or hundreds of miles away" -- hiker45
••• Ratings •••
Every good rating in iTunes (including those following updates) makes me happy. The positive ratings and reviews make it possible for me to continue to improve the app for you. Many thanks!
••• Support •••
In case of questions, problems, mistakes, missing mountain names and ideas for future expansion, I am happy to help you. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Version 2.6.0
- Works worldwide in every mountain area now!
- iOS 8 support
- Many small improvements
- Fixed bug on iOS 5.1.1
- Added Url-Scheme 'peakfinder'
- USD 3.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 08 December 2014
- Version: 2.6.0
- Size: 60.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Fabio Soldati
- © 2014 PeakFinder Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.