By Portable Databases
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
What's New in Version 3.2
NOTE: This is a major release. If you have critical databases, you must back them up before updating this app. To back them up, either copy your databases to iTunes on your computer, or use Dropbox or Email to share them.
- If you have a table with 10 or fewer fields, and one of them is a Photo type, then the first Photo type field has its photo displayed when the row is selected. This is useful for barcode photos used by clubs and stores.
- Delete individual files
- Fix for sorting on a field in a table with more than 16 fields
- Category: Business
- Updated: 23 September 2015
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Developer: Portable Databases
- © 2010 Portable Databases
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.