Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 24 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!”
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue affecting video calls.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
I did not use this app but my bank report shows USD 9.98 payment. What is the that. I need a solution.
Good app but still whole lot to upgrade
Actually a great app for audio and video calling but it will be more great if there was a button to reduce the data use for calling so we can manage our data and the another this is after a audio or video call if you can show a log of the data use it will be great too anyway a great app 👏
That is great to read, thak you! We are happy to hear you are enjoying the new Skype :) We are constantly working on improving Skype based on user feedback - you can see some of the changes we have made here: https://support.skype.com/faq/FA34770 - Aimiliani, SM PM at Skype
This application is pretty good with their latest version with many different features and looking beautiful... but there is a problem in iOS version.. notifications are not shown in the screen or in notifications centre.. I don't know exactly whether the problem exists only in my phone or every iOS users...
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 125.5 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2018 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.