8player lite - media player and controller for DLNA / UPnP and more
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
8player is a multifunctional application for Video, Music & Image playback capable of working as a DLNA / UPnP player and controller.
8player provides for a wide range of possibilities, including:
▹ Media streaming from any compatible DLNA / UPnP* server;
▹ Playback of local files stored in 8player library on your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch which you can either add via iTunes on your Mac/PC or download from a DLNA / UPnP server;
▹ Remote control of your DLNA / UPnP compatible renderers;
▹ Creating and managing custom music playlists inside 8player;
▹ Remote access to your server over 3G/4G or access from any other external network**.
With 8player you can play all the most popular media formats:
▹ Video (including subtitles support): avi, mkv, mp4, mov, mpg, vob, wmv, m4v, asf, flv, ogg, 3gp, etc;
▹ Music: mp3, aac, flac, alac, wav, aif, wma, etc;
▹ Images: jpeg, png, gif, bmp, ico, tiff.
Lite version allows to play only limited quantity of media files. By purchasing full version you acquire:
- full access to all media files;
- playlists support;
- file manager;
- no ads.
* DLNA is a standard which enables media content exchange between compatible devices via home network as well as image, music and video display in real time mode. With 8player you can use your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch as a part of digital home. DLNA is a technology used by millions of people. Join in!
You don’t need any additional software or configuration. 8player works with the media server you already have and automatically recognizes devices in your network with no need of manual configuration or settings. Just turn it on and watch video, listen to the music or view images in the network. If you don’t have DLNA / UPnP servers, you can use an embedded Windows server (built in Windows Media Player), or download any other free server.
** To get remote access to your server from an external network or to access it via 3G/4G you can use VPN access or ports forwarding:
▹ if you have set up a VPN access to your home network please follow this manual: http://08software.com/products/8player/vpn
▹ if you prefer using ports forwarding please follow this manual: http://08software.com/products/8player/3g
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Sorting function for certain types of servers has been improved.
- Interrace has been completely redesigned, navigation and file list display improved;
- Interaction with DLNA servers has been improved, servers list has been singled out into a separate category;
- "Favorites" section has been upgraded so that now you can add not only folders, but also files to it;
- "Fix alias" option for those servers, which change folders' identification, has been added. With it, when the path to folder is changed by a server, you do not have to add this folder anew - you can simply fix the path using this option.
- History section has been added;
- Played files' indicator has been added;
- Video player has been improved;
- Toolbar has been redesigned, status bar has been added to it;
- Settings' interface has been changed, settings button has been moved to the toolbar for quick access.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: 22 August 2016
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 45.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Russian
- Developer: Oleksandr Smeshkov
- © 2016 08software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.