Welcome to Amphetamine 4, the most awesome keep-awake utility ever created. Amphetamine can keep your Mac, and optionally its display, awake through a super simple on/off switch, or automatically through easy-to-configure Triggers. Amphetamine is extremely powerful and includes advanced features for those who need them, yet remains super intuitive and simple to use for those who don't need all the bells and whistles.
== Click to Keep Your Mac Awake ==
Quickly start a keep-awake session from Amphetamine's menu to keep your Mac awake.
• Indefinitely, for a specified amount of time, or until a specified time
• While a file is downloading
• While a specific app is running
== Advanced Automation ==
Create a Trigger to automatically keep your Mac awake.
• While an external display is connected
• While a USB or Bluetooth device is connected
• While a specific app is running
• While a specific app is running and frontmost
• While your Mac's battery is charging and/or when the battery is above a threshold
• While your Mac's AC power adapter is connected
• While your Mac has a specific IP address
• While your Mac is on a specific WiFi network
• While headphones or another audio output is in use
• While a specific drive or volume is mounted
== What's the Catch? ==
No catch. Amphetamine is 100% free. It's a gift from me, to you. Enjoy!
• No advertisements
• No in-app purchases
• Nothing to unlock/no "pro" version
• No annoying prompts asking you to review Amphetamine
• No links for other paid apps
• No tracking
• No data-harvesting
== What Else Does Amphetamine Do? ==
Amphetamine is the most powerful and customizable keep-awake utility ever created for macOS. Some other notable features are:
• Keep your drive awake with Drive Alive
• AppleScript support
• Use your own menu bar icons
• Allow your display to sleep while keeping your Mac awake
• Allow screen saver to run after a customizable period of inactivity
• Optional session time remaining display in the menu (with 12/24 hour support)
• Auto-end session if your Mac's battery is low
• Hot key support for starting/ending sessions
• and more!
== System Requirements + Other Details ==
Amphetamine requires macOS 10.10 Yosemite or higher
Amphetamine supports Retina displays and macOS dark mode.
Amphetamine⁴ has been completely rebuilt from the ground up to improve performance, reliability, and add awesome new features! Enjoy!
New in Amphetamine 4.0.4:
+ Added option within Power Trigger criterion to require AC power adapter to activate Trigger
+ Added option to show seconds in menu for session time remaining
+ Fix for Trigger Power criterion where logical operator 'or' was not considered correctly regarding AC adapter status
+ Fix for Trigger App criterion that prevented helper apps and processes from appearing in the list of running apps
+ Fix for Other Time/Until window placement when the macOS menu bar is hidden
+ Fix for truncated session time remaining text in menu bar for macOS 10.10 & 10.11
+ AppleScript command 'display sleep allowed' now returns button state of Allow Display Sleep preference if there is no active session
+ Further optimization to reduce CPU usage and energy impact
If you find Amphetamine useful, please consider leaving an App Store review. If you encounter an issue, please contact support through the app.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.