By Tension Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DMG Master is a document based app to create standard DMG Archive with just one click.
This is the standard way to distribute your content for Mac.
(We are receiving emails asking us to upgrade DMG Master to the latest release here on the App Store, unfortunately DMG master can't be sandboxed, so it can't be upgraded here on the App Store. Visit our site for more info)
DMG Master peculiarity is to save archive creation settings in documents.
Thanks to that, you can do a lot more then with just a 'utility' apps.
The ‘document based’ approach used by DMG Master lets the user save a lot of time in the use of the software if compared with the classic ‘utility’ approach.
Using DMG Master you can save all the settings to create an archive in a document.
After that, you have just to open the document from disk and press the ‘Make Disk Image’ button.
The disk image is created on the fly with the updated content as specified inside the document.
When in future you need to update the archive, you reopen the document and press the button. Done.
You can even auto-insert current date elements, year, month, day, time in the created archive name.
DMG Master can save and manage an unlimited number of documents on disk, managing each a separate archive to be created with specific sources, settings and destinations.
DMG Master can use a 'Make Disk at Opening' option to create backup archive without user interaction, using scripts or launcher utilities, simply opening DMG master documents.
DMG Master can save archive also in encrypted format to make your data unavailable without the correct password.
It uses the AES-128 or the AES-256 algorithm for encryption.
DMG Master can be useful to create archives for different purposes:
• Make generic backup of your data, also unattended.
• Make backup for remote server archiving private data encrypted for safety transmission
• Store data on a ftp server
• Store data on CD in a compact form
• Sending reserved data via the net (using encrypted archives)
• Using Email accounts as a backup server (sending to your gmail account archives as email attachment)
• Storing files on external devices
• Create download archive (.dmg files are compact and transmissible via the net without any loss)
• Uses all the cool features of Mac OS x Lions, full-screen mode, resume, auto save, versions.
• Saves all the settings in document, and takes full advantage of versions under Mac OS X Lion
• Runs also under Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
• Drag & Drop to add files to archive or specify destination
• Native optional AES-256 encryption
• Easly shows used file in the finder
• Up to 9 levels of compressions
• Creates and compress archives in background using multithreading tasks
• Generates archives anyone can open on any mac without using any software, just clicking them
• Includes native Help and an embedded PDF user guide
About DMG archives:
Disk Images Archive (DMG) is the preferred and standard way on the Mac to exchange group of files compacted in a single file. It is a format universally recognized by any Mac. To create archive on Mac, DMG archives is the way to go.
Clicking a DMG archive, results in it to be mounted by Mac OS X as virtual disk on any Mac, no additional software required, no DMG Master required to mount it, it is enough to have Mac OS X, any Mac can do it.
What's New in Version 2.4
• Mac OS X Lion ready with full-screen mode, resume, auto save, versions.
• Improved undo management
• Now can delete file/folders from list without warning, thanks to a better undo management
• Better duplicate files management
• Improved visualization of files/folders on list with file icons and visual signaling of missing files/folder
- 5,99 €
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 04 August 2011
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Tension Software s.a.s.
- © 2007 - 2014 Tension Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later