Course For Reason 6 107 - Beat Design Basics
By Nonlinear Educating Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Making solid beats is 5% inspiration and 95% perspiration. In this Beat Design Basics tutorial you’ll work up a good sweat as you develop a strong foundation in the art and science of building beats in Reason 6...
Mo Volans is the master of all things Reasons. That’s why all of us at macProVideo.com thought he’d be the perfect trainer to teach you the fundamentals of beat design. He starts at the very beginning with an in-depth section that teaches you the concepts and shows you Reason’s software machines that form the underlying force behind making great beats.
From there you’ll discover the vast collection of sounds and kits included with Reason 6. This is where you’ll learn how to mix and match a huge arsenal of explosive percussion loops to help you build killer beat tracks. Physical modeling, time-stretching, editing, and mangling is what Mo plays with next. And let's not forget the all-important Rex files that make Reason 6 the world’s premier beat-making machine!
The final section is all about finalizing. Mo takes you on a routing and mixing journey. This is where you’ll learn to harness the power of Reason’s compressors, EQs reverbs, delays and distortion FX to add that professional final sheen and shimmer to your beat-making madness.
Table of contents:
1. Why Choose Reason?
2. What We’ll Be Covering Here
3. What You’ll Need
4. Setting Up Your Keyboard
5. Using the Sequencer
6. Step Programming With the Redrum
7. Triggering Devices With the Redrum
8. Introducing the Re-Groove Mixer
9. Adding Groove to Step-based Patterns
10. Creating Simple Variations and Fills
11. Using Factory and Custom Sounds
12. Kong’s Analog and Physical Modeling
13. A Note on Reason’s Samplers
14. Building Your Own Kits
15. Using Raw Audio Drum Hits
16. Time Stretching and Loops
17. Making Your Own Rex Files
18. Introducing Dr.Octorex
19. Editing and Mangling in the Octorex
20. A Note on Rex Based MIDI Data
21. Meet the Reason Console
22. The Dynamics and EQ Sections
23. Separate Out and Mix Channels
24. Routing and Using Sub Mixers
25. Headroom and Metering Tips
26. Mclass Compressor Basics
27. Corrective Compression and Limiting
28. EQ and Filtering
29. Creating Drum Groups and Busses
30. Tape Compression and Saturation
31. Using Reverb With Your Drums
32. Echo and Delay
33. Distortion and Destruction
- 19,99 €
- Category: Music
- Released: 21 March 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 630 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Nonlinear Educating Inc. (macProVideo.com)
- © 2012 macProVideo.com
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later, 64-bit processor