N.O.V.A. 2 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate sci-fi FPS is back! Get ready to step into a whole new level of gaming on your Apple device!
Pocket Gamer - 9/10 + Gold Award: "Without question, it's the finest first-person shooter on iPhone and iPod touch to date, replacing its predecessor with sharper action, killer graphics, and the best multiplayer experience around."
IGN - 8.5/10 + Editor's Choice: "The controls are smooth, which helps so much when the action gets furious."
The AppEra: "N.O.V.A. 2 is simply the BEST FPS on the App Store right now. Go get it, now."
TouchGen: "Intense and highly addictive."
iLounge: "It’s hard to find a game with this much content and intensity at any price."
148apps: "N.O.V.A. 2 really does feel almost console worthy."
App Advice: "The best online multiplayer around with quick connection, and ten player battles."
BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER!
- Meet new enemies with improved AI! Volterites’ new tactics make the gyroscope controls ideal
- Master a larger range of weapons & powers
- Much more diversified gameplay: run, shoot, fall, drive a motorbike, pilot a giant mech, and blast a laser
- The more, the merrier, now with up to 10 players in 10 multiplayer maps
- Build a career and rise through the multiplayer leaderboard
- Explore new locations, offering amazing graphics, fully optimized for the Retina display
- Enjoyed the first N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance? Be rewarded with extra bonuses.
6 years have passed since the events depicted in the first episode.
Humanity is now thrown into a bloody civil war fought on one side by the central government of the Terran Orbitals and the self-appointed Human-Alien Alliance; a new organization with a mysterious origin and agenda. Kal Wardin left active service in N.O.V.A. years ago and now lives among the colonists of the desert planet Scorpius.
But war never spares even the most peaceful places...
AN UNPARALLELED SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN:
- 12 chapters taking you through hostile, yet amazing environments of various Orbitals
- Over a dozen weapons including the Dual Hand Guns, Assault Rifle, Shotgun, Automatic Shotgun, Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Grenade Launcher, Alien Plasma Gun, Alien Lightning Gun, Alien Laser Gun, Turrets, Frag Grenades and Mines
- 3 special powers: Freeze, Slow Time and Disc for melee combat
- A wide range of enemies with improved AI, for even more intense combats
INTENSE MULTIPLAYER MODES:
- 1~10 players online or locally
- 5 modes: Free for All, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Freeze Tag, and InstaGib
- Ranking & Perk systems
- 10 maps on which to battle it out
- Play against your friends or the entire world through Gameloft LIVE!
- Worldwide leaderboards in the game & on the official website, www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com
EXCLUSIVE REWARDS FOR VETERAN PLAYERS
If you played the first episode:
- Jump into multiplayer with bonus XP, allowing you access to advanced weaponry
- Unlock a special achievement on Gameloft LIVE!
JOIN THE FIGHT WITH MANY OTHER FANS!
Enlist on Twitter @NOVA_fps
Visit www.near-orbit-vanguard-alliance.com for more information.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Multiplayer Map Pack 1 delivers 3 additional multiplayer maps, featuring brand-new battlefields:
- Floating Rocks: These low-orbit platforms were designed as opulent resorts. Now they’re desirable vantage points. This map provides the ideal environment for close-range conflict between small teams. Hold the high ground to rain gunfire down on enemies. But one misstep can lead to a quick trip to the planet’s surface.
- Aquarius Beach: This facility once housed hundreds of N.O.V.A. trainees. Now, it’s a mid-range killing field with prime sniper nests and plenty of natural cover. But don’t get comfortable in one spot; many paths make it easy to flank the unaware. The ability to adapt to interior and exterior combat is key to survival here.
- Icy Bridge: This vast Volterite mining complex uses an energy field to stay suspended between mountains. While you can walk on this field, it does not obstruct weapons. It's great for getting the drop on unsuspecting targets, but provides no cover from counterattacks. Large teams often vie for control of the strategic center facility.
Get 10 free XP levels in multiplayer.
Better protection against hacking thanks to bug fixes.
1. The file itself is 580 mb, but takes up 1012,5 mb when installed on an iOS devise. So watch out for that and don't get fooled by the "580 mb" you see here.
2. I was hoping to get alot more out of this game, as the free version was actualy fun to play, but it's a whole different story with the full version. It feels very repetative. Every single fight has the same feel to it and I can just call it abit boring. The fighting system has alot to do with this as it is nowhere near "Rainbow Six" or "Battlefield: Bad Company".
3. I haven't tried out the multiplayer yet and I guess thats the only thing that could make this game actualy worth grabbing. But I'm not sure about it either.
Overall I thing that this title is definitely not worth the full price and I am so happy i grabbed it while it was on sale for 0.79p. Though the biggest disappointment was seeing how much space it actualy takes up in my iPhone as i only have 16gb on it.
- 5,99 €
- Category: Games
- Updated: 11 May 2011
- Version: 1.1.7
- Size: 609 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish
- Developer: Gameloft
- © 2010 Gameloft. All rights reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo and N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance are trademarks of Gameloft in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- N.O.V.A. 2 : Multiplayer Map Pack 11,79 €