The Unarchiver is a small and easy to use program that can unarchive many different kinds of archive files. It will open common formats such as Zip, RAR (including v5), 7-zip, Tar, Gzip and Bzip2. It will also open many older formats, such as StuffIt, DiskDoubler, LZH, ARJ and ARC. It will even open other kinds of files, like ISO and BIN disc images, some Windows .EXE installers. The list is actually much longer - see the program homepage for the full list.
The Unarchiver also tries to detect and correctly handle the filename encoding in the archives it opens, allowing you to open files from every part of the world without getting garbled filenames.
The Unarchiver aims to be the only unarchiving program you will ever need, and to stay out of your way.
However, if you want to browse the contents of archives, or if you want to support development of The Unarchiver, look for "The Archive Browser" on the Mac App Store, or go to http://theunarchiver.com/archive-browser! It lets you browse and preview archive contents, and find out information about archives!
Also, if you need to open archives on your iPad or iPhone, look for "Archives" on the App Store, or go to http://theunarchiver.com/archives. It is based on The Unarchiver, and lets you easily handle Archives on iOS!
What a glorious day! We know you've been waiting for this update to happen for so long. And in turn we wanted to bring you something worthy. So, fasten your seat belts, here we go.
• New icon is here.
• UI was given a makeover: we leveled every string of text and measured every indent.
• Localizations were meticulously checked, fixed and then checked again. BTW, did you find an error? Tell our support and we'll fix it right away.
• Speed was improved. You can now get the contents of the archive you’ve just downloaded much much faster.
• More RAR4, RAR5 and multipart fixes mean even more weird archives could and will be extracted.
• Symbolic links inside of ZIP archives won't be broken upon extraction anymore.
• Sometimes, upon trying to open an especially large archive, The Unarchiver would crash. That has been fixed.
• Password protected archives used to crash The Unarchiver in some cases. Well, not anymore!
• Extracting multiple files won't bug you with multiple "Extract to.." pop-ups.
• Sømé characters in file and folder names caused random crashes. We've fixed that.
Ratings and Reviews
Jeigu ir egzistuoja nerašyti naudotojų standartai, kuriuos atitiktų programa, kuriai galima būtų pritaikyti tokius apibūdinimus, kaip "stabili, paprasta naudoti", tai Unarchiver priklauso tokioms programoms. Nors ypatingai daug nedirbu su archyvo formatais, tačiau prireikus, ji tyliai ir nepastebimai atidaro bet kokio dydžio ir formato archyvą. Nustatymų skyde galite sukonfiguruoti kuriems archyvų formatams (iš daugiau, nei 40 siūlomų) bus naudojamas Unarchiver (tarp jų yra 7zip, ISO, TAR, Stuffit, BinHex ir MacBinary, Gzip), kaip ir kur ištraukti failai bus patalpinti (ar kurti naują aplanką, jeigu archyve buvo aplankai), keisti ištraukto ar sukurto aplanko metaduomenis (kurimo datą), nustatyti kokia koduote bus ištraukiami dokumentai (naudoja įdiegtą sistemos koduotę).
Using this app for many years already. The best unarchiving app for Mac!
Tusen takk Dag!
Puiki ir lengva programa atliekanti savo darbą. Rekomenduoju!
- MacPaw Inc.
- 12.4 MB
- OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2018 MacPaw Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.