Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
iCaching is an indispensable tool for geocachers with a Mac. Import, organize, manage, explore and export your geocaches with iCaching! A native, fast Mac App. Tested on Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan.
====== Import ======
Import GPX-files with geocache data straight from Geocaching.com from within the App. Or import GPX- or LOC-files by the import button, or drag and drop them into iCaching.
Each GPX-file will be imported into it's own folder.
iCaching also supports the Geocaching Live API. You can query the geocaching.com database straight from within iCaching.
====== Organize, manage and explore ======
Explore your whole cache-library with the special 'Library'-folders. View your founds, first founds, favorited caches and so on. Sort on all properties of the caches.
You can easily add folders and organize your geocaches with drag and drop. Each cache has only one instance in the database.
Extra waypoints (for multi's) are added to the cache and visible on the waypoints-tab.
Logs are added and sorted on the logs-tab. Every time you import a new version of the geocache, new logs are added to the loglist.
Other tabs display the cache metadata, offline descriptions and the cache-webpage.
View the cache(s) on a map with or without additional waypoints and/or your home-location. This map is interactive; select caches or waypoints on the map to view their properties in iCaching and vice-versa.
An extended search-pane helps you to sort out your caches by all properties of the cache. Save your search-filter as a Smart Folder, for later use of the same filter.
iCaching can contain multiple home- or centerlocations and calculates distance and bearing on the fly.
Add your own notes and like or dislike a cache. You can also add and remove favorite-points.
GCVote is build in. iCaching queries for GCVote on every import, and you can rate a cache on GCVote when you have a GCVote-account.
====== Export ======
iCaching can export to GPX and to a lot of other file-formats (e.g. csv, html, poi etc).
You can also export directly to a whole list of GPS-devices (Garmin, Magellan, DeLorme), including paperless devices like e.g. Garmins Oregon series.
To make usage of the entire range of iCaching functionalities you need a premium membership at geocaching.com
If you have feature-wishes or discovered something that doesn't work as expected, please contact us! You'll always get a response.
And of course: if you like iCaching, recommend it with a review!
In short, happy caching with iCaching!
What's New in Version 5.1.2
- Multiple logs for the same possible in Log Window
- Can load field notes from Looking4Cache
- Last open Geocache is persisted between application runs
- Hint button hidden when no hint available
- Fixed several issues in Mavericks (window layout, enabling menu items)
- Loading user logs only on application start, not every 5 minutes
- Saving GCVote password did not work
- All waypoints had the same icon in the Waypoints tab
- Several other little annoyances and small performance improvements
- New Map on the waypoints tab. See the cache and the waypoints directly projected on a map. Waypoints are clickable to see which info belongs to the waypoint
- The pocket query dialog was broken on Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Updating Favourite points didn’t work
- The Favorites folder wasn’t updated
- The sort order in the cache list could get lost
- Loading Photos could crash in Mavericks
- Only new logs are imported on application start, instead of all logs of the last month
- The split view in the log and waypoints tab was wrong on application start while these tabs were open
- Fixed export to CSV
- The table header on the logs tab looked weird in Mavericks
- In the Log window, the open dialog for logs from GPS now only enables items of type .txt with “visits” or “logs” in the name
- Fixed the 'ignore logs before' default date in the same open dialog
iCaching 5 has a lot of new features like a new location picker, user waypoints, geocache photos and much more. Moreover lot of the underpinnings are vastly improved and form the foundation of these new features and features to come. This also resulted in better performance.
To mention a few improvements:
- New location picker to choose coordinates on the map or even by typing human readable addresses (geocoding). The picker is used to insert corrected coordinates, home locations and query midpoints.
- You can add user waypoints to the additional waypoints.
- A new Photos tab to see the photos of each Geocache
- Export (spoiler) photos to (modern Garmin) GPS devices.
- Import actions and API queries are processed in the background for better performance
- More efficient data model for better performance
- New filter: ‘Cache is in Folder’
- Show premium flag on premium caches
- Yosemite style icons in the folder pane
- Improved look and feel of the tab buttons
- Fixes crash on application start for some users
- Fixes export to non-GPX file formats and GPS devices