Pygmy (by Chuck Palahniuk)
By Blackstone Audio, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This Blackstone Audio unabridged edition of PYGMY by Chuck Palahniuk comes with what is perhaps the best audiobook app you will ever own, powered by the Folium enhancedAudio™ engine (click MORE button for feature descriptions).
THE ‘MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE’ MEETS ‘SOUTH PARK’ IN THIS NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER AND CHUCK PALAHNIUK’S FINEST NOVEL SINCE THE GENERATION-DEFINING 'FIGHT CLUB'.
HONORS: Booklist Editor’s Pick for 2009 in Fiction
Self-contained, this audiobook app is perfect for your commute, on a trip, or while relaxing. Based on a library-quality recording, this app was built especially for your iPhone and iPod Touch. No unreadable text, no endless scrolling. The audio is of higher-than-normal quality, making for a great listening experience that will not tire your ears or grate on your nerves.
NOTICE: This app includes the same exact 5-star recording that is available through other outlets at higher prices. It is unabridged and professionally recorded at Blackstone Audio by award-winning narrator Paul Michael Garcia. You are not buying yet another amateur or volunteer narration. No clicks, background noises, throat clearing, mispronunciations, tinny voices or monotones will be found here.
• EXPERIENCE. More than eight hours of narration. Created as a Folium enhancedAudio™ premium edition, this book is packed with extra functions and features not found on lesser players. Easily skip back to rehear a missed bit, or zip through the chapters at lightning speed.
• SLEEP TIMER. Have you ever fallen asleep watching TV or listening to a book? If so, you'll love this feature. Once set—if you fall asleep—the book will stop, place a bookmark, and allow you to jump back to where you probably began dozing.
• CLEAR & ELEGANT DESIGN. Simple, clean, intuitive, and smarter than average.
• CHAPTER TIMINGS. Always know how much time it will take to finish a chapter. Plus, the progress bar at the top of the screen shows how far into the book you’ve come.
• OFFLINE LISTENING. This app is airplane-ready. Once downloaded, you can listen uninterrupted, with no threat from a lost network connection. Downloads are usually just 5-10 minutes, but depend upon your network speed.
• AUTO-BOOKMARKING. The player remembers where you stopped listening and returns to that exact spot when you open the book again.
• PLAYER CONTROLS. Includes listen (play), pause, multi-speed fast forward/rewind (2x, 10x, 60x faster), jump ahead/back, chapter skip, volume control, one-touch chapter- and bookmark browser. There is also a “scrub” bar that moves you to any point inside the chapter with just a tap.
“PAUL MICHAEL GARCIA deftly portrays the boy’s garbled English in a suitably fierce, seriously on-task voice. He easily switches to adolescent intonations when portraying the host family’s daughter. The townspeople and other students speak in convincingly flat Midwest tones, sprinkled with idiomatic Americanese (‘Pygmy—my ma-han! Yo! Pigsterr!’). Listeners who can get past brutally graphic descriptions … will find humor in such scenes as a science-fair project gone awry. Garcia’s credible presentation of the text, though unsuitable for some sensitive ears, will find fans among Palahniuk loyalists.” (Booklist audio review)
RATING: We chose to rate this app 12+ due to race-related words and strong situations used throughout the book.
What's New in Version 2.4
• Added compatibility for iOS 5
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
• Updated user interface and experience
- 9,99 €
- Category: Books
- Updated: 02 November 2011
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 199 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Blackstone Audio, Inc
- Copyright © 2009-2010 Blackstone Audio. Portions copyright 2010 by Folium Partners, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.