Speak for Yourself
By Speak for Yourself LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Speak for Yourself is an application designed by two speech language pathologists specializing in Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) with an evidence-based foundation. This application is consistent with motor learning principles, uses a word-based vocabulary of the most frequently used words in communication, and contains features important in developing automaticity and language. Individuals learn to use their communication device with the same principles they use to play an instrument or type on a keyboard. Speak for Yourself has the capability to begin with one word, but contains almost 11,000 Smarty Symbols® and allows the user the potential to access almost 14,000 words, with no more than two touches to say a word. Complex page navigation and scanning are eliminated to allow fast, consistent access to language! Powered by CereProc's speech system to give our voices character, emotion, and personality.
With the release of version 2.3, users can choose to include voice options from Acapela Text-To-Speech from Acapela Group through in-app purchasing.
Regardless of their current language level, this application can meet people where they are and provide language for a lifetime, because it’s a basic human right to Speak for Yourself.
What's New in Version 2.4
* Beginner vocabulary template allows you to limit available vocabulary quickly for brand new users.
* Fifteen Acapela adult voices available for in-app purchase
* Vocal Expressions (Acapela & CereProc voices) and Phonemes (select Acapela voices) incorporated into the edit popover to make programming and previewing easier.
* New Whisper Mode for temporary silent word selection, so AAC users can tell a secret.
* Word search automatically bookmarks the last search term so that you can easily repeat the last search.
* We've added a button that displays the app in the App Store so that if Speak for Yourself has made a difference in your life you can rate it and tell others!
* The word search icon is more prominent and a larger tap target
* Added a scope bar to the word search to match words that begin with or contain the search term, with the ability to lock the bar
* Second screen click sound now controlled both by the device volume switch and it’s own slider in the Daisy Options within the app.
* Leave core word open when closing all cells
* Default for Babble lock is NO
* Minor bug fixes
- 199,99 €
- Category: Education
- Updated: 14 April 2016
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 1.04 GB
- Language: English
- Developer: Speak for Yourself LLC
- © 2011-2016 Speak for Yourself LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.