Dinosaurs & Prehistoric Life
The Definitive Visual Guide
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Multi-touch books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device. Books with interactive features may work best on an iOS device. iBooks on your Mac requires OS X 10.9 or later.
Conceived from the ground up to take advantage of this amazing new technology, Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life brings this subject to life like never before, and offers an amazing range of interactive features, including:
• Interactive galleries
• Interactive images
• Specially designed 3-D models and skeletons
• Close-up details
Spanning the history of life on Earth from its first emergence over 3.8 million years ago to the rise of the human race, Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life tells the incredible story of evolution in all its forms. Traveling through millions of years, this comprehensive reference book charts the appearance, development, and extinction of lifeforms throughout geological time, with hundreds of examples profiled and re-created in vivid illustrated detail. The ever-popular and always intriguing dinosaurs feature extensively, but Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life provides a complete overview of living things, also covering plants, invertebrates, fishes, amphibians, reptiles, birds, and mammals.
Dinosaurs and Prehistoric Life includes:
• Over 250 interactive and illustrated pages
• A comprehensive introduction to life on Earth
• Introductions to each period through geological time, including continental and climate changes
• Over 200 illustrated profiles, including almost 100 dinosaurs
• Hundreds of unique images and illustrations
• Specially commissioned digital 3-D artwork
• Dozens of specially photographed skeletons and fossils
• Timelines tracking the development of life on earth
• Overviews of key groups of animals and plants
DK - Dorling Kindersley - is an award-winning publisher of distinctive, highly visual products for adults and children. We produce books, ebooks, and apps for consumers in over 100 countries and 60 languages. Founded in London in 1974 we are enormously proud to be the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher. Everything we make strives to inform, inspire, and entertain readers of all ages.