Java: Guide to the Temples of Borobudur & Prambanan
(Indonesia Travel Guide)
Approach Guides and Others
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
RECENTLY UPDATED FOR 2017! With more than 100 high-resolution images and insightful descriptions that put the temples in context, this is the definitive travel guide to Java's temples: Borobudur and Prambanan.
Java is home to two of the most impressive temples in all of southeast Asia: Buddhist Borobudur and Hindu Prambanan. Borobudur (built 760-830) rises gradually in a series of majestic tiers, a testament to its stupa-mound inspiration; while Prambanan (built 850-856) soars vertically, drawing on south Indian temple prototypes. Both inspire with their innovative architectural designs, world-class narrative reliefs and compelling sculptures. Still infused with their historical magic, they are yours to discover.
What’s in this guidebook
* Art and architecture review. We provide an overview of 800 years of Javanese art and architecture, isolating trademark features that you will see again and again while touring temples in central and east Java. To make things come alive, we have packed our review with high-resolution images.
* Detailed tours of Borobudur and Prambanan. Following our tradition of being the most valuable resource for culture-focused travelers, we offer detailed tours of Borobudur and Prambanan. For each, we reveal its most important architectural and decorative elements and provide a discussion that ties it all together.
* Advice for getting the best cultural experience. To help you plan your visit, this guidebook offers logistical advice and provides links to online resources. Plus, we provide our personal tips for getting the most from your experience while on location.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and images are marked up with text that explains important features.
* NEW! Customers can now print this guidebook with our new PDF-on-Demand service. See the final chapter in the book for details.
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Travel guidebooks for the ultra curious, Approach Guides reveal a destination’s essence by exploring a compelling aspect of its cultural heritage: art, architecture, history, food, or wine.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure
What started as one couple's travel notes aimed at filling in the gaps in guidebooks has become ApproachGuides.com - a menu of downloadable travel guides that cover cultural and historical topics of interest to thoughtful travelers. What's hot: Bite-sized travel guides that specialize in topics ranging from 29 pages on the foods of Italy to one that helps you explore the historical and architectural significance of Angkor's famous temple structures in Cambodia.
- L.A. Times
- 7,99 €
- Category: Asia
- Published: 22 December 2016
- Publisher: Www.approachguides.com
- Print Length: 200 Pages
- Language: English