Windows Server 2008 For Dummies
Ed Tittel & Justin Korelc
This book is available for download with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device, and with iTunes on your computer. Books can be read with iBooks on your Mac or iOS device.
If you’re curious, but hesitant, about finding your way around Microsoft’s new Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 For Dummies is the book for you. This friendly reference shows you everything you need to know — from installation and deployment to building and running a Windows Server 2008 network.
Server-based networking really is a big deal, and this 100% plain-English guide helps you make the most of it. You’ll find out about Windows Server 2008’s important functions, capabilities and requirements; develop a network implementation plan; take a step-by-step walkthrough of the installation process; and get valuable tips on how to boost your bandwidth beyond belief! Before you know it, you’ll be configuring connections to the Universe, working with active directory, and treating domains and controllers like old pals. Discover how to:
- Build and connect your network
- Install and configure Windows Server 2008
- Set up and manage directory services
- Manage users and groups
- Install and manage print servers
- Secure your network
- Troubleshoot active networks
- Plan for installing Active Directory
- Proclaim and manage your own domain
- Resolve names between TCP/IP and NetBIOS
- Manage shares, permissions, and more
- Develop and implement a regular backup protocol
Windows Server 2008 For Dummies may be easy-going, but it’s simply packed with need-to-know stuff that will send you diving into Windows Server 2008 experience just for the fun of it. So start now!
- 10,99 €
- Category: Operating Systems
- Published: 02 February 2011
- Publisher: Wiley
- Print Length: 432 Pages
- Language: English