Radio Navigation Simulator - IFR for Pilots
By Digital Aviation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make IFR flight training simpler - The app that flight instructors use to demonstrate radio navigation and students use to learn, consolidate and self test.
***** "The best IFR training app for the iPhone/iPad. It's very, very good."
**** "A wonderful app, easily worth the price. The design is excellent and very well thought out."
***** "Does pretty well what it says it does. A useful tool for teaching/learning VOR/ADF navigation. Proposed updates make it sound that future versions will be even more capable. Good, prompt support."
***** "Great learning tool!"
***** "Fantastic trainer!"
Experienced pilots will also find the simulator valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
Review by an experienced airline pilot & aviation blogger, who utilised RNS for a Boeing 737 check ride --
"Little did I know that the 30 minutes I spent playing with his application was the reason I flew the approach so awesomely!"
Radio Navigation Simulator Pro is a precision 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad and iPhone, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand and become proficient in the use and management of NAV, DME and ADF/RMI instruments, displayed with an HSI or Directional Gyro on a choice of five realistic flight panels.
For students, it’s easy to zoom-in, to either a single beacon, or a set of beacons, drag the airplane around to different locations, and watch the needles react. When ready, fly a prepared exercise or your own routes.
● Instrument panels optimised specifically for iPad & iPhone, with full support for retina displays.
● The simulator operates within a Exercise flight environment of approx 150 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Navaids & Airfields with specific training exercises.
● Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic flight panel with the following instruments:
● HSI, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI), RMI (dual needle) and Directional Gyro .
● Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Real world Variation magnetic model with display of current Variation on the Chart.
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● All instruments and chart controlled with an intuitive multi gesture interface.
● Touch button flying controls.
● Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
● Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
● Detailed Getting Started help and full User Manual, contained within the app.
● Exercise Area chart and exercises are separately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference
In-App Purchase available (USA IFR Database):
● A USA database containing all the Navaids, Airports & Fixes in the USA area (48 contiguous US States plus Alaska and Hawaii), derived from recent FAA/NFDC data.
● The data is selectable by ARTCC Region, to allow flight training within your area of interest.
● Full details (with screenshots) are provided within the app for more information prior to purchase.
**** PLEASE NOTE - If you are a new customer, our Radio Navigation Simulator USA app contains all features of this app, but already includes the In-App Purchase ****
What's New in Version 3.0.4
● Optional full USA FAA Database to enhance training value in a real world area, available via in-app purchase. Full details within the app.
● Magnetic Variation display on chart.
● Bug fix for Pause button on iOS 10 devices for Basic panel.
If you enjoy Radio Navigation Simulator please leave a Rating or Review on the App Store, as it helps us provide updates to the app. Thank you.
- 8,99 €
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 12 October 2016
- Version: 3.0.4
- Size: 53.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Gary Pallett
- © 2001-2016 Digital Aviation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.