Remote HD Lite
By App Dynamic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"...you can control your media, your other applications and your computer all from your phone. Brilliant."
-- Christina Warren, TUAW.com
"...a great app for people that want a cross between a VNC app and a remote control, without having to buy both."
Remote HD Lite is a basic/adfree multimedia remote for your Mac and PC.
Inspired by Apple hardware remote, this application will give you perfect control of dozens of multimedia applications (see below).
Remote HD Lite brings your computers desktop to your iOS device (iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch) to show you exactly what's happening on the computer while you're controlling it.
A unique power save mode allows Remote HD Lite to control your computers volume using the hardware volume button on the iPad / iPhone even when it is locked or sleeping.
Remote HD Lite also gives you the ability to switch/launch applications, control volume or even restart/shutdown your computer.
• WiFi multimedia remote for your Mac or PC
• Presentation remote with Remote View
• Monitoring app to keep an eye on your computer
• Dynamic multimedia controls
• Volume control
• Adjust remote volume using hardware volume buttons
• Shutdown, restart or put your computer to sleep
• Launch applications from Dock/Quicklaunch
• Switch and quit applications
• Retina display optimized remote view lite with multi-monitor support
• Connection management
• Fully upgradable to Remote HD with an In-Application upgrade
FEATURES ONLY AVAILABLE IN FULL VERSION:
• Automatic discovery over the Internet
• Remote View mouse clicks, drag-n-drop, scroll
• Access to complete application list
• Remote Spotlight/Windows Search Integration
• Wake-on-Lan and Wake over Internet
• Gesture Pad (iOS 4.0+)
• Audio/music streaming from your computer
• Stream audio to an AirPlay enabled device
• Push Notifications: be notified if someone logs on to your machine while you were away
• Complete AppleTV control (generation 1)
• Install Remote Helper on your computer
• Start Remote HD Lite on your iOS device (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)
• Tap on a connection to connect
• Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard (Intel/PPC)
• Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 2008 Server (32/64-bit)
• Remote Helper - free download: http://www.remotehd.com/Mac/
APPLICATION SUPPORT (Mac):
Front Row, iTunes, DVDPlayer, Quicktime, iPhoto, Finder, Preview, BOXEE, VLC, XBMC, Plex, EyeTV, SlingPlayer, Spotify, RealPlayer, Acrobat, Keynote, Powerpoint, Movist, Pandoras and all applications that support Keyboard Multimedia Keys.
APPLICATION SUPPORT (PC):
Windows Media Player, MCE, Media Player classic, ZoomPlayer, VLC, DivX Player, BS.Player, MediaPortal, BOXEE, XBMC, WinDVD, PowerDVD, WinTV, SlingPlayer, WinAmp, iTunes, Quicktime, Spotify, RealPlayer, Acrobat, Powerpoint, OpenOffice Impress and all applications that support Keyboard Multimedia Keys.
Check out our website:
If you come across any bugs - we will fix it in the next update. Email us at:
Note for PC users: Make sure you configure the Windows firewall and antivirus applications to allow incoming traffic to Remote Helper (Port 32700). Winamp requires multimedia keys to be enabled (Winamp Preferences > General Preferences > Global Hotkeys).
In-App upgrade to full version can be enabled on other devices by purchasing the In-App upgrade again. You will not be double billed and will get the upgrade for free as long as you use the same iTunes account.
Remote HD Lite works with both Mac and PC.
Slow trackpad performance on PC if auto-connect setting is turned on. This will be fixed in the next update. For now turn off auto-connect setting.
Upgrade popups will also be removed in the next update.
What's New in Version 4.2.2
iPad RemoteView orientation bug fixed
Blank screen in 3G/EDGE/GPRS mode fixed
Added setting to turn off automatic saving of passwords
What's new in Version 4.2.1
Added setting to enable Retina optimized RemoteView
Audio streaming from computer to AirPlay enabled devices
Trackpad issues on Windows fixed
In-app settings crash fixed
Hardware buttons now control remote volume again
iOS 4.2.1 compatibility
What's new in Version 4.2.0
Retina display optimized graphics
Support for MiRow from Fire Core
iOS 4.2 compatibility
New Gesture Pad (iOS 4.0 or newer)
Audio streaming in background
Remote control using Universal dock or headphone remote
Push Notifications when remote machine is turned on
- 1,99 €
- Category: Business
- Updated: 15 December 2010
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: App Dynamic
- © 2010 App Dynamic
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remote HD Upgrade4,99 €