Sylights for iPad
By Digital Cuisine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You know the story: every day, thousands of photographers share their pictures on their blog, portfolio or on sharing platforms such as Flickr®. Every day, the same question gets asked: “How did you light this photo?”.
Now this is a tricky one! How does one go to explain a full setup of light modifiers, including strobes settings, placement, angles, ...?
Short answer: lighting diagrams.
Because a picture is worth a thousand words, Sylights has developed a tool to design outstanding lighting diagrams to help photographers prepare their shooting sessions or document their photos.
Whether you are shooting in a studio, covering a wedding or doing any other on-location photography work, here's what Sylights for iPad has to offer you:
• A full screen lighting diagram editor, featuring an unprecedented user interface to quickly place any gear you're using on the screen:
- Resize and rotate items with intuitive two-finger gestures.
- With our unique gear wheel, only a few taps are required to access any of the 60 items of our growing gear library.
- Double-tap on any item to open its contextual menu, offering z-ordering and customizable properties.
- Save your diagram at any time and come back later to edit it again and complete it.
• A collection of your diagrams giving you access to a wide range of features:
- Diagram edition – just in case you had forgotten something, no need to do it all over again!
- Attach photos to your diagrams: choose them from your photo library, or use your device's built-in camera to take an instant shot of your setup before it's taken apart.
- Send by email: an easy and quick way to share diagrams. If it's for your friends, send the diagram and its associated photos. If it's for your assistant, include all the settings information as well!
- Save the diagram to your photo library.
• A small yet responsive team you can get in touch with at any time on feedback.sylights.com, on Twitter (@Sylights) or on Facebook (facebook.com/sylights). We're always happy to hear about your suggestions or your projects!
So that's it: Sylights for iPad. If you're craving for that kind of app then you're on the right page!
Install it now, it's free :)
What's New in Version 1.7
• Add user profiles to see all her photos and lighting diagrams
• Bug fixes and improvements
If you enjoy using Sylights, please take a minute to leave a nice review: it really helps. If you like the app, would you mind taking a moment to leave a nice review on the App Store? And if you've previously left one, we'd appreciate it if you would repost it, or write a new one, as reviews are reset with every update. We'd be very grateful as this really helps us.