BoPoMo Help Plus - Zhuyin Pinyin Aid
By Andy Chen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get help learning Mandarin using Pinyin or Zhuyin with BoPoMo Help Plus.
** BoPoMo Help was picked as Apple's New and Noteworthy App (Sept 2010) **
Plus version features:
- No Ads
- iPad support. All the charts fill one screen and can be rotated
- This one application can be used for all your iOS devices (iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch)
Pinyin (Hanyu Pinyin) is the most popular phonetic system used to learn Mandarin. It uses Romanized characters to represent the spoken sounds. This makes it easier for foreigners learning Mandarin as a second language.
Zhuyin (Zhuyin Fuhao) is the original Chinese phonetic system for Mandarin which is based on Asian characters. Some people prefer to learn it this way as there is less of a tendency to pronounce it as a Roman character.
Both Zhuyin and Pinyin have the same sounds, and there is a one-to-one correspondence. Not sure on how a character sound? Use BoPoMo Help Plus to look up the character and have it spoken to you. It even supports more complicated character pronunciations.
- Female voice say the characters when pressed
- Switch between PinYin and ZhuYin characters
- Graphics are Retina display enhanced
- Color coded into logical groups for better usability
- Learn trickier character pronunciations and tones
This application can be used to help you with Zhuyin taught Chinese school or elementary to university level Mandarin classes using Pinyin.
We have tested it extensively to make the product easy to use and helpful in your quest to learn Mandarin. Your feedback is important and allows us to make this product even better.
What's New in Version 2.0
- New combo system allows you to press and combine initials and finals to form valid voice combinations with different tones.
- Over 1270 high quality voice samples of various tones added.
- Supports new iOS devices (iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus, iPad Air & iPad Retina)
- Easy to use with clean interface to switch between Pinyin and Zhuyin
- USD 2.99
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 10 December 2014
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 90.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Andy Chen
- © 2014 Andy Chen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.