By Benchmark Maps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The digital edition of the California Road & Recreation Atlas is derived from the highly-acclaimed and printed edition. Over 250,000 of the printed edition have been sold since its introduction in 1998. Lonely Planet proclaims it the "gold standard" among California atlases and The San Francisco Chronicle says the "Landscape Maps are so three dimensional, you feel every bump in the road."
The Benchmark California Atlas combines stunning cartography, with a highly usable, feature-rich app:
* Download the entire Benchmark atlas for offline use
* Search (offline) for campgrounds, RV parks, and other points of interest
* Overlay NEXRAD radar, Benchmark POIs, and your personal waypoints on the map
* Highly customizable - map layers, coordinate types, metric/imperial units
* Use additional map sources with offline caching, including USGS topo maps and OpenStreeMap-based CloudMade road maps
* Training videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/BenchmarkMaps/videos
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version v1.1
* iPhone 5/iOS 6 compatibility
* adjust opacity of radar overlay
* improved alternate map sources, including aerial imagery (can be cached for offline use)
* new Legend tab
* bug fixes
- USD 4.99
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 09 October 2012
- Version: v1.1
- Size: 49.8 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Benchmark Maps
- © 2011, Benchmark Maps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.