By Catherine Baray
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is a fun take on Sudoku that is geared towards introducing younger kids to the fun of logic puzzles. It features 4x4 Sudoku boards, replacing numbers with fun stickers.
- Simple, intuitive interface that allows the youngsters to drag their stickers into place
- Appealing sticker set that attracts kids and engages them more then raw numbers
- Varied stickers also exercise short term memory as they need to remember a random animal set each game
- Clear, visual and audio cues to guide kids when a sticker is illegally placed
- Leaderboard that allows you to sort by best time, average time, and most puzzles solved.
- Controls for optional background music and sound effects.
- Simple tutorial makes this a fun and easy way to learn Sudoku
Apps4iKids is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Recommended Ages: 4-7, 8-10
What's New in Version 1.1
Added a leaderboard within the game, since we found out families like to compete. Sort by best time, average time to solve a puzzle, or most puzzles solved. Also let's you choose your favorite sticker to be your icon.
Added a reset button so you can "erase" your stickers if you get too stuck.
Removed the Ostrich and the Giraffe from the iPhone/iPod version since they were a little tough to grab.
Added more puzzles!