The Oregon Trail
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Oregon Trail is a unique strategy and educational game relating the first pioneers' journey to Western America. It is based on a resource management formula already proven in the U.S., where the game is an actual icon for adults and kids.
The press already love it:
**IGN Editors' Choice Award: “This game is gorgeous."
**Pocket Gamer's Gold Award: "Hilarious historic trailblazing manifests a new destiny on iPhone with vibrant visuals and entertaining new mini-games"
**“Battling with Puzzle Quest and Rolando, I think this may be the best looking game on the iPhone and iPod Touch platforms” -- GamerTell
Just like the real pioneers, overcome the perilous journey to Oregon in America's Wild West. Assume the role of a wagon leader in a side-view journey where your strategic decisions must ensure the safety of your party along the treacherous Oregon Trail. You're leaving your trace on a critical historical event for America!
FUN AND EDUCATIONAL
- Smart dialogue, cartoonish graphics and humorous animations.
- Historical references in the game through real locations and famous characters from the past, plus historic facts perfectly explain the perilous journey of pioneers in an immersive way.
A WILD EXPERIENCE TO WESTERN AMERICA
- Expanded while simple decision-making parameters enable a high level of strategy and offer an easy pick-and-play strategy & adventure game for a large audience.
- 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraphing, berry picking, and gold panning. The outcomes will affect the supplies and health of your party.
- Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, weather, etc.) faced by real pioneers increase the challenge.
- Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
- Set your preferred conditions for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase food supplies and wagon components.
UPDATED WITH FACEBOOK CONNECT
- Post your achievements on your Wall.
- Challenge your friends by inviting them to play The Oregon Trail with the Tell A Friend.
JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
- On Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/TheOregonTrail.
- On Twitter at http://twitter.com/TheOregonTrail.
Highly recommended for fans of adventure, strategy, historical, cowboy, and western games.
What's New in Version 1.9.8
Even more stuff to take you further on The Oregon Trail!
- Access the Store any time during the game from the in-game menu.
- New items, including materials, to combine to create new equipment, food, medicines to cure illnesses, covers to reduce food consumption, etc.
- Combine specific materials to create new equipment.
- Barter materials for other ones you need.
- Undertake additional missions that reward you in coins and equipment.
- Purchase buildings in towns to earn coins regularly during your journey.
- USD 4.99
- Category: Games
- Updated: 25 August 2011
- Version: 1.9.8
- Size: 314 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Developer: Gameloft
- © 2008 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries. © 2008 HMH Consumer Company Limited, and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved. The Learning Company and The Oregon Trail are registered trademarks and Adventures Along the Oregon Trail is a trademark of HMH Consumer Company Limited. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All companies, names, and data used in sample screens, and output are fictitious and any resemblance to any person, trademark, company name, or landmark of any kind is purely coincidental.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Small Cash PackageUSD 1.99