Wind Vane Pro
By Code Stork, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
All the great things you have loved about Wind Vane is now available with additional professional features.
The professional version includes:
* Contiguous U.S. winds aloft and surface wind maps for the following time frames: Current, 3, 6, 12, 24, and 48 hr forecasts. Winds Aloft Data for 3000', 6000', 9000', 12000', 18000', 24000', 30000', 36000', and 42000'.
* Alaska winds aloft maps for 6000', 9000', 12000', 18000', 24000', 30000' and 34000' at 6 and 12 hour forecasts as well as 700MB, 500MB, 300MB, and 200MB winds and contours.
* Works on the iPad with a new interface designed specifically for the ipad.
* New HD Retina Display graphics.
* Newly designed precision compass and wind vane.
* Option for alternative white background which makes viewing outside much easier!
* Option to have arrow point to source of wind as opposed to wind heading.
Using your GPS location, Wind Vane Pro uses a custom algorithm to provide accurate, current wind direction and speed. Wind Vane Pro can display the wind speed in miles per hour, knots, or kilometers per hour. This application also has a built in compass so you can see the wind direction relative to true or magnetic North. Regardless of where you are or which way you are facing, the gauge will show you which direction the wind is coming from and at what strength.
Why choose Wind Vane Pro? We set out to make the most accurate wind gauge on the market. We thought about sound algorithms with the microphone but determined weather station and GFS data is more accurate and is trusted throughout the weather community nationwide. In addition, we can display the direction the wind is coming from creating additional value for our clients. After all, what good is speed without direction?
This application will work on an iPhone 3GS and later as it requires a compass. Internet connectivity is needed to display the wind. Non-U.S. data provided by World Weather Online.
Available world wide!
Contact us: We welcome all suggestions for additions or changes to improve the application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requests, suggestions, or questions.
What's New in Version 2.2
Corrects bug with GFS algorithm
- Category: Weather
- Updated: 12 September 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Code Stork, LLC
- © 2011 Code Stork, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.