By The Alchemist Guild
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Did you ever wish your Dock could do more or handle more of your apps and files? DockShelf lets you place unlimited docks around your desktop so you never run out of space again for your commonly used files, folders and applications!
With DockShelf launching your favorite documents and apps is faster and more powerful because you control where your docks are positioned, how many are on screen, how they're labeled and when they're visible.
• Tabs - Display docks as tabs which can easily be expanded by hovering the mouse over them.
• Browse Folders - Navigate the contents of folders from popup windows using a variety of different viewing options.
• Smart Folders - Add smart folders to docks which use Spotlight to quickly find files on your Mac then browse the results from the dock.
• Stacks - Group any number of files together into a stack which can be browsed via a popup window.
• Process and devices docks - Add special docks that show all the processes currently open or external devices connected.
• Workspaces - Switch between multiple workspaces depending on the app set currently being used.
• Never in the way - Hide docks entirely or depending on which app is currently active.
• Notes - Add and edit notes directly from docks using the text editor.
• More than just files - Add and launch: Links , Mail messages, Calendar events, text clippings and more.
• Themes and Customization - The app comes pre-packaged with a variety of themes for different tastes and customization options.
What's New in Version 1.3
NEW: Dock themes can contain an image (set in dock info window) which is shown when docks are tabs.
NEW: Persistent name tags (enable in preferences). These are useful for docks that contain folders or documents you would need to "scrub" the mouse over to otherwise identify.
NEW: It's now easier to choose dock colors from the dock info window via a popup menu.
NEW: Some new dock themes show a color badge (when tab) instead of changing the entire tab color.
NEW: Better indicator for grouping docks.
NEW: Holding down the option key (choose modifier key in preferences) disables hiding so you can drag items to docks while hiding is enabled.
NEW: "Hiding Opacity" preference which lets you set a transparency value for when docks are hidden (moving the mouse over them makes them fully visible).
NEW: Tag size preference.
CHANGED: Themes are drawn with code and updated for Yosemite. The old HTML based system was removed due to complications not worth correcting.
CHANGED: Significant performance improvements when idle in background. Older versions could use up to 5% CPU just moving the mouse around even when DockShelf was hidden.
CHANGED: Popup windows are replaced with the standard OS X version and include a style option in the preferences (light, dark or system default).
CHANGED: The "hide in ..." option now enables hiding so moving the mouse to the screen edge can still be used to show docks.
CHANGED: Opening the contextual menu doesn't force a tab to open.
CHANGED: Menu items, preferences and other windows contain contextual help tags.
CHANGED: Retina support.
- USD 4.99
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 29 May 2015
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: The Alchemist Guild LLC
- © The Alchemist Guild LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later