By Houdah Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Play & master Sudoku. Improve your Sudoku skills by accepting the occasional hint. Sudoku Uno explains the reasoning behind hints. Learn and apply new solving techniques.
Sudoku Uno can create a virtually infinite number of Sudoku boards.
Difficulty levels are determined by techniques to master, not by number of givens.
Sudoku Uno includes a powerful solver. Unlike most Sudoku solvers, Sudoku Uno solely relies on human logic. It does not brute force the game to find a solution. Instead it applies that same techniques you would apply.
This gives Sudoku Uno the unique ability to explain the reasoning behind the hints it gives you. When you ask Sudoku Uno for a hint your are not (only) cheating. You can actually improve your skills by learning the techniques used to solve Sudoku grids.
Sudoku Uno adapts to the way you like to play:
- Use green pencil notes to keep track of candidate values
- Or use red pencil notes to keep track of values you ruled out
- Optionally have Sudoku Uno help you with automatic pencil notes (*)
- Sudoku Uno can be set to block erroneous entries
(*) You are cheating only a little. The real thinking still needs to be done.
It is just more fun with automatic pencil notes. The boring bits are taken care of
- Three levels of difficulty: easy, medium, hard
- Games are suspended on quit and can be resumed later
- Green & red pencil notes
- Optional automatic pencil notes
- Optional blocking of erroneous entries
- Intelligent hints with explanations
- High scores
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Sudoko solving techniques are available from the Help menu