By Marcel Bresink Software-Systeme
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
System Monitor is an application for the menu bar of your Mac, designed to inform you unobtrusively about the activity of your computer. You can retrieve up-to-date technical data any time, like process load, CPU temperature, main memory consumption, storage space, disk activity, communication on network interfaces, etc. By positioning the app in the menu bar, as least screen real estate as possible will be wasted. The program monitors your system continuously and is readily available when you need it.
You can easily configure the App to automatically stay in the menu bar of your user account. No “login item” is required, so there are no annoying windows or Dock icons when you log in.
If desired, System Monitor can also simulate the flickering activity lights of hard drives or network sockets in the menu bar. This is possible either in color or —perfectly integrated into the design of the operating system— in inconspicuous black-and-white. PC switchers who miss this feature on Macintosh computers can easily retrofit this function with System Monitor.
What's New in Version 1.70
- Full compatibility with macOS 10.12.1 and later, including support for computers with Touch Bar.
- Corrected a possible problem where spacing elements were shown at a wrong position in the configuration bar for menu items after history or bar graphs have been set to non-standard widths.
- Corrected a problem where the secondary color in history graphs could not be distinguished from the primary color in specific color schemes of specific operating system versions.
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard is no longer supported.
- USD 4.99
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: 22 December 2016
- Version: 1.70
- Size: 3.3 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Marcel Bresink
- © 2011 – 2016 Marcel Bresink Software-Systeme
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later, 64-bit processor