To preview a song, mouse over the title and click Play. Open iTunes to buy and download music.
- 1. "Smalltown Boy" by Bronski Beat: Beautiful lyrics, beautiful story. Tragic and sublime.
- 2. "Sea of Sine Waves" by Kelley Polar: I only just discovered Kelley Polar. I like the bass line drop after the intro.
- 3. "Dreaming of Me (2006 Remaster)" by Depeche Mode: This has a charming vulnerability, a bit like the sentiment of 'I Want to Hold Your Hand' by the Beatles.
- 4. "Follow You Follow Me" by Genesis: Massive tune. A great love song. Many would say it's cheesy, but I don't think it is!
- 5. "So Far Away" by Dire Straits: Our old sound engineer used to play this before soundcheck, and it feels really apt when you're away from home.
- 6. "Africa" by Toto: Probably the best song there is with the word Kilimanjaro in it.
- 7. "Farewell to the Fairground" by White Lies: We covered this in the Radio 1 live lounge. White Lies are a brilliant band.
- 8. "Young Girls" by Sparks: The lyrics are a bit wrong. Can't help but love it, though!
- 9. "Da Ya Think I'm Sexy?" by Rod Stewart: No. Great song, though.
- 10. "I Get Lifted" by George McCrae: This is my second-favorite George McCrae track, after 'Rock You Baby.'
Name Artist Time Price 1 Smalltown Boy Bronski Beat 5:03 $1.29 View in iTunes 2 Sea of Sine Waves Kelley Polar 5:39 $0.99 View in iTunes 3 Dreaming of Me (2006 Remaster) Depeche Mode 4:01 $1.29 View in iTunes 4 Follow You Follow Me Genesis 4:03 $1.29 View in iTunes 5 So Far Away Dire Straits 5:12 $1.29 View in iTunes 6 Africa Toto 4:55 $1.29 View in iTunes 7 Farewell to the Fairground White Lies 4:16 $0.99 View in iTunes 8 Young Girls Sparks 4:51 $0.99 View in iTunes 9 Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? Rod Stewart 5:29 $1.29 View in iTunes 10 I Get Lifted George McCrae 2:47 $0.99 View in iTunes 10 Songs
some real english pop classics
Love it. Dire Straits and White Lies on one mix, how can you go wrong?
well crafted. thanks
Tell me why...
I love this whole playlist! I knew I could have high expectations for La Roux, & she showed me that she really is a truly amazing artist!