By Human Media
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
mLumbarDiscHerniation is an introduction to lumbar disc herniation disease. The app presents simple visualizations, medical images and educational notes for anyone seeking an understanding of the disease.
"Great teaching app - I use it with ipad for in-office patient teaching" - Jahooty USA
• Compressive Forces - discusses the compressive forces applied to the spine during movement
• Discs Weakened by - the factors that can weaken the ability of the intervertebral disc to withstand compressive forces
• Minor Disc Injuries - excessive forces applied to the back can cause minor injuries to the intervertebral discs
• Disc Herniation - how small annulus tears accumulate, leading to annulus weakness, through which a disc bulge can form. This can cause pain and can also lead to a disc extrusion and then a sequested disc.
• Cauda Equina Syndrome - how a large herniation can cause a cauda equina syndrome
• Conservative Treatment - non-surgical treatment options
• patient education
• anatomically accurate
• basic concept without the distraction of real tissue (unclear structure differentiation due to color, texture or blood)
• improved understanding, commitment, outcomes and satisfaction
mLumbarDH is part of the lumbar spine library of patient education applications. Human Media have a range of spine apps including the reference apps iSpineCare, iSpineOperations and iSpinePainManagement.
What's New in Version 1.4
• iOS 8 compatibility
• iPhone 6 native support
• fixed 'black screen' from a double tap on video rewind or fast forward
• toolbar at the bottom of the screen now hidden for phones in landscape orientation
• Medical image notes and annotations are now kept on-screen with device rotations
• AirPlay and screen mirroring enabled for all content
- USD 1.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 04 December 2014
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 66.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Human Media Pty Ltd
- © Copyright 2010-2014 Human Media Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.