Roger's Mushrooms (Lite)
By Roger's Plants Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: THIS IS THE 'LITE' VERSION OF ROGER’S MUSHROOMS. IT OFFERS THE SAME FUNCTIONALITY AS THE PRO VERSION OF THE SAME APP, AND THEREFORE ALLOWS YOU TO TEST THE APP BEFORE UPGRADING TO THE PRO VERSION.
THE LITE VERSION OF THE APP STORES A MUCH SMALLER SELECTION OF MUSHROOMS WITHIN ITS DATABASE THAN THE PRO VERSION DESCRIBED BELOW AND ONLY GIVES YOU A TASTER OF THE SOCIAL FEATURES AVAILABLE TO PRO USERS.
The Roger’s Mushrooms App is the perfect tool for learning about and identifying mushrooms, and for networking with other mushroom hunters. The app offers the most complete catalogue of wild mushrooms and fungi across Europe and North America, featuring over 2,600 photographs of 1,650 fungi species that have been collected in the wild by renowned mycologist and best selling author Roger Phillips and other senior mycologists from America and Europe. Roger also introduces users to cooking mushrooms and shares some of his favourite mushroom recipes for users to try out.
Users can personalise their experience by adding comments and images throughout the app, and by recording details of the mushrooms they spot on a satellite map. Multiple social features are integrated including being able to engage the wider user group in helping identify mushrooms, and inviting other users on mushroom forays.
No internet connection is needed to access the mushroom database enabling you to identify mushrooms in the field.
Learn about and identify mushrooms through:
* Detailed descriptions for over 1,650 mushroom species
* Over 2,600 photographs, all zoomable using both tap-to-zoom or standard pinch-zooming
* Comprehensive database with the ability to search and browse species by common name as well as latin name. Common name languages include English, French, German and Hungarian
* Filter mushrooms by: visual appearance characteristics (stem, cap, underside, colour, size, flesh, spore colour), edibility (choice, edible, inedible, hallucinogenic, poisonous, and deadly), habitat and location
* Invite other users to help you in identifying a mushroom through ‘MyFinds’
* Overviews of the 30 most important mushroom genera
* Introductory overviews on foraging for mushrooms and the mushroom anatomy
* Quiz for identifying mushrooms based on images, latin or common names
* Opt-in ‘Mushroom of the Week’ notifications
* Descriptions include microscopic spore print analysis for more accurate identification
* View, like and share other users’ content across the app.
* Share content through facebook, pinterest, instagram, email and twitter
* Messages: send other users direct messages within the app
* Invitations: send other users invitations to your events e.g. a mushroom foray
* Record details of the mushrooms you spot in the wild for future reference, including: exact geographical location, time, photographs and key characteristics
* Add your own comments and images across the app
* Shape the way the information on the app is presented to you through ‘my preferences’
* Add mushrooms and recipes to your favourites list for easy access
* Browse Roger’s favourite mushroom recipes
* Upload your own mushroom recipes
* Browse other users’ mushroom recipes
* Rate recipes you’ve tried and add the best recipes to your favourites
About Roger Phillips
Roger Phillips is one of the world’s leading mushroom specialists, with over 40 years’ of expertise of studying fungi in the wild. His book ‘Mushrooms’, has sold over 2 million copies in 7 languages worldwide. Roger is considered a pioneer in the use of photography to help identify mushrooms and his books on the subject are considered the essential mycological encyclopedia for mushroom enthusiasts.
Praise for Roger’s books.
'To call it the mushroomers' bible is to understate the reverence
enthusiasts have for it...' -- The London Review of Books
'A masterpiece of identification.' David Bellamy
What's New in Version 2.0
Note: This version does not offer the app translated into French or German. This feature will be included in a future update.
Note: This app has 1.2 gigabytes of useful mushroom data and could take over an hour to download onto your device
* New user interface and design
* Social sharing and networking features
* Feature for recording details of the mushrooms users find
* Messaging and events feature
* Personalisation of the app
* Favourites feature
* Eat Mushrooms section including mushroom recipes feature
* Genera overviews added
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 05 March 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 1.33 GB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Developer: Roger's Plants Ltd
- © 2001-2013 Rogers Plants Ltd and 2010 - 2013 Glen Byram
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimised for iPhone 5.