Anatomy Lectures Thorax and Abdomen
By Andrew Whitaker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn human anatomy with this app – our series of lectures on the Thorax and Abdomen.
The lectures are aimed at anyone who is studying human anatomy. They are ideal for medical or nursing students, biological studies students and physiotherapists or doctors looking to refresh their knowledge.
The lectures are presented through a series of over 160 diagrams with accompanying audio. They are based on our original podcast series.
The subjects covered are as follows:
• Thoracic Surface Anatomy and Mediastinum
• The Diaphragm and Respiration
• The Heart and Pericardium
• The Fetal Circulation
• The Abdomen: Surface Anatomy and Peritoneum
• The Abdomen: Oesophagus, Stomach & Duodenum
• The Abdomen: Small and Large Bowel, Blood Supply of Intestine and the Portal System
• The Abdomen: Liver, Biliary System, Pancreas and Spleen
• The Abdomen: Anterior Abdominal Wall and Inguinal Canal
• The Inguinal Canal
• The Abdomen: Posterior Abdominal Wall
• The Abdomen: Kidneys, Ureters and Bladder
• The Abdomen: Male Urinary and Reproductive Systems
• Urinary Control
• The Pelvis and female Reproductive Organs
• The Branches of the Internal Iliac Artery
• The Perineum
The diagrams can all be zoomed in using the pinch gesture and are presented in either portrait or landscape.
The material is presented by Dr Robert Whitaker who spent his clinical career as a paediatric urological surgeon. Having retired from surgery, Dr Whitaker now teaches clinically applied topographical anatomy to first-year medical students at the University of Cambridge, in the UK. He also teaches clinically applied anatomy to surgical, radiological and other speciality trainees and is a former examiner for the MRCS at the English and Edinburgh Colleges of Surgeons. Dr Whitaker is also the co-author of the top selling book Instant Anatomy.
See our website for more information - www.instantanatomy.net
What's New in Version 3.5
iOS 10 update and audio speed selection
- USD 6.99
- Category: Medical
- Updated: 23 September 2016
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 215 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Andrew WHITAKER
- © 2016 Instant Anatomy www.instantanatomy.net
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.