By greenbytes GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DAV-E is a WebDAV client for the iPhone.
WebDAV is a wide-spread extension of the HTTP/1.1 protocol. Many servers support WebDAV (such as Microsoft IIS, Apache moddav, Tomcat and Jackrabbit, Xythos, Apple MobileMe iDisk).
Using DAV-E you can
* access your MobileMe iDisk (http://idisk.me.com/
* access webspace of many providers (box.net, soonr, GMX etc.)
* connect to a WebDAV server
* navigate files and folders
* view resource meta data (properties)
* display file content (if supported, see below)
* delete files and collections
* rename files and collections
* create new collections
* upload pictures, either stored images or shots taken with the iPhones camera
* create and edit new text files
* edit and update existing text files
* rename, copy and move files
* search for resources (if supported by the server)
* send a resource via email (as link or attachment)
* browse the repository and display file content without an internet connection using a persistent database cache
The supported file types are:
* movies (subset)
* audio (subset)
* Word (subset)
* Excel (subset)
* iWork (if saved uncompressed incl. a preview)
You can open all files with other programs ("open in..." dialog). Using this mechanism files can be copied to other locations (like Dropbox).
With the *full version* a build-in persistent database cache can be used in the full version of DAV-E. This increases the speed while browsing the repository and displaying properties and content. You can even work offline! The size and expiry of the cache is configurable.
In the free edition you can not modify the repository, send mails, use the database cache or connect via HTTPS. All these features can be unlocked using the in app purchase.
If you like detailed informations or the answers to common questions please visit the "DAV-E free Support" link below. If there are any problems with the product please contact us via eMail!
What's New in Version 2.3.6
* display of .docx files
* if a text file is displayed you can change the font by shaking the device.
* a long tap on a file opens the "open in..." dialog. Using this mechanism files can be copied to other locations (like Dropbox).
* opening .url and .webloc files displays the associated web page
* upload of video files (if photo add-on module was purchased)
* minor bug fixes
* support of iOS 4
* application automatically resumes from background state
* minor changes and bugfixes