Dictionary German<-> English ADVANCED by PONS
By PONS GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A comprehensive dictionary with 775,000 keywords, phrases and translations
Do you talk to German or English friends in your spare time? Do you read or write in German or English in a wide range of subjects – privately or even professionally? Do you deal with German or English-speaking partners in your everyday working life?
You can test this and all other PONS dictionary apps before you buy them. Simply download the free PONS Dictionary Library app.
If you have bought this app through the PONS Dictionary Library, moreover, it contains extras such as vocab learning games and customised vocab trainers.
Who can benefit most from this app?
Everyone who speaks English in their everyday life, their spare time or as part of their job or who works on English texts.
About the contents:
• Both language directions (German-English and English-German)
• Current and comprehensive vocabulary containing around 315,000 keywords and phrases and more than 460,000 translations
• With context examples, information on language use and lots of information on grammar
• With American, Australian as well as Austrian and Swiss German vocabulary
• With info boxes for country and people, grammar. Typical mistakes and help with the wording of sentences
What can the app do?
• This application provides 100% offline functionality. You do not incur any roaming charges.
• Look-up without typing: You don’t even have to type it, but you can simply enter the search word in your own handwriting. Your search word will appear in the search box as a suggestion.
• Any words you copy from a different application (e.g. on the Internet) are imported directly into the app’s search box and the relevant dictionary entry is displayed.
• Don’t worry if you’re not sure how to spell a word – the similar words or wild card search function will find what you are looking for. The anagram search is an additional function that enables you to search for words with the same letters but in a different order.
• Vocabulary lists: Add words that you want to learn to your ‘Vocabulary lists’. Use the vocabulary list quiz as a quick and effective way to learn the words!
• Use the full-text search to find examples.
• Pronunciation: Listen to numerous headwords spoken by native speakers.
• Search for English headwords in any form you like (declined or conjugated).
• Jump from one language direction to the other with just one click: from ‘English => German’ to ‘German => English’ and vice versa. Access linked entries, equally with just one click.
• Individual settings. Use the range of options like defining the text size.
• Use the history function to call up your last 100 word searches again – at a click.
PONS has been developing green materials for learning languages for life for over 30 years: from classic dictionaries and grammar aids to audio and software language courses right up to free online services such as the www.pons.eu language portal.
More PONS products are available on: www.pons.de
Also on www.twitter.com/pons_eu and www.facebook.com/PONSverlag
© sborisov - Fotolia.com
What's New in Version 3.37
* Sound also works in “Do Not Disturb” mode
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 16 December 2013
- Version: 3.37
- Size: 213 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Developer: PONS GmbH
- © 2013 PONS GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.