EFB - Charts and Weather for Aviation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
[Mandatory Update: Version 3.6 is a mandatory update for all pilots.]
EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) supports paperless operations, and give pilots access to charts, plates, weather, and other data.
*****Free 1-Month Subscription*****
Use EFB free for a full month. After the trial period has ended, you may purchase a monthly or yearly subscription.
*****Focus on Design*****
EFB is designed with extensive user testing, to allow for an easy operation. All functions are just one touch away so last minute runway or approach changes are a breeze. EFB's intuitive design utilizes iPad's gesture-based interface and makes for very pilot friendly operation.
* cache all charts, plates, and airport data for in-flight use
* create multi-point routes and get guidance
* use on your iPad and iPhone
* display Ground Speed, altitude, and other instruments
* fast, autocomplete airport search
* quick-swipe between airport plates
* pre-download upcoming data so you are ready to fly when you need to be
* extensive worldwide facility and weather information
* geo-referenced airport plates
* add visual approaches to runways
All chart & plate data comes directly from GlobalNavSource, no 3rd party subscriptions required. The GlobalNavSource plates leverage FAA & ICAO symbology in a database that covers the world. GlobalNavSource provides seamless compilations of VFR and IFR chart sources, for the easiest chart-browsing experience.
* IFR High
* IFR Low
* VFR Sectionals
* VFR Terminal Area Charts
Professional users will appreciate the tailored plates for low visibility/SMGCS, Deice, Ramp/Gate, Special Approaches, RNP SAAR, tailored minimums and more.
* METARs and TAFs - view information from thousands of weather stations around the world
* Chart overlays - display METAR weather layers on all chart types
*****Part 135 & Part 121 Operators*****
Part 135 & Part 121 operators require controlled software for FAA approval of paperless ops. EFB 121 is the controlled version of this app. Operators requiring EFB 121 for paperless operations may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
After the 1-month trial period, you must purchase an auto-renewing subscription to continue using the app. The subscription provides you with access to full US charts, plates, and weather for the duration of the subscription.
• One month or one year
• TURN OFF auto-renewal via the main Settings app: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Other Terms: http://globalnavsource.com/policies.php
What's New in Version 3.6
New in Version 3.6
* iOS8 support
* Bug fixes for user-reported problems.
This is a mandatory update for all pilots.
Note: The iPhone version of this app is intended as an emergency backup only, the app is intended to be primarily run on the iPad.
New in Version 3.5
* Bug fixes for user-reported problems.
New in Version 3.4
* Initial support for iOS7
* Many bug fixes for iOS6 and iOS7
New in Version 3.3
* Graphical TFR's (refreshes when internet is available)
* NAVAID (VOR, NDB, etc...) and Intersection support
* Notepad screen allows pilots to jot notes with a finger or stylus
* Plate screen improvements (Notepad plate overlay allows you to type or draw notes on individual plates)
* Velocity Weather from Barons - usable in flight as long as you have a 3G/4G internet data connection (often 5000 to sometimes 8000 feet depending on internet provider).
For the first 30 days you get a free trial of the premium level of Velocity with:
• High Resolution Multilevel National Radar Composite (every 5 minutes), a more accurate weather depiction for flight altitudes than legacy radar products that are mostly surface level radar. This is the same radar available on Barons XM service.
• IR Satellite (every 15 minutes)
• Visible Satellite (every 15 minutes)
• Canadian Radar and Satellite
• National Weather Service Watches & Warnings
• Map Surface Winds contoured map
After 30 days the free level of Velocity still provides US HiRes composite radar at 15 minute intervals, and TFR's.
* Night mode & Brightness control
* Animated RADAR (please give it time to load after you press play)
Note: The very first time you open the chart screen, the app will need to acquire a free trial key from Barons Velocity over the internet.
This may take up to 30 seconds.
Before your first flight, remember to go to the Updates screen, press Modify, and update (download) the chart regions you want to your iPad. This substantially improves app performance because it will no longer require internet for chart & plate data.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: 25 March 2015
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 159 MB
- Languages: English, German, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: GlobalNavSource Inc.
- © 2013-2015, GlobalNavSource
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.