Genome MIDI Sequencer
By White Noise Audio Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Musicians can start tearing it up in the studio with Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS), a powerful pattern based MIDI sequencer for the iPad. With GMS you can control all of your MIDI gear and apps* - sequence single patterns or an entire 16 track song.
GMS is fun, easy and portable. Whether you want to make music from the couch, a hotel room or on stage, GMS is the right tool for the job.
GMS easily syncs your drum machines and arpeggiators by sending and receiving MIDI clock messages. General MIDI files can be exported and imported for integration with desktop apps**.
Genome also works great for sequencing other iOS apps. Now you can program melodies and basslines for apps like NLog PRO or Sunrizer while keeping a beat synced with Modrum.
Genome MIDI Sequencer supports any CoreMIDI compliant iPad interfaces such as the Griffin StudioConnect, Line6 MIDI Mobilizer II, iRig MIDI and others.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Though Genome now has a basic set of instruments, some MIDI gear or other music apps that support virtual midi connections are recommended for use with this app.
List of MIDI USB devices that do and do not work with the CCK: http://iosmidi.com/devices/
- Network MIDI for sending MIDI to other iOS devices and Macs***
- New Instrument Rack with two built in instruments and effects
- Basic Audiobus support
- Sends and Receives MIDI Clock Sync, Start and Stop events
- Also sends Note On, Note Off, Pitch Bend, Aftertouch, Channel Pressure and CC’s
- Pattern Based, pattern changes occur on bar boundaries so song stays in sync
- On screen keyboard interface
- Up to 16 simultaneous tracks, unlimited number of patterns
- Song / live modes
- Supports background operation for multitasking
- Record incoming CC’s and Notes
- Undo / redo for most actions
Rated as a Killer App by Apps4iDevices - http://apps4idevices.com/read/genome-midi-sequencer.html
Computer Music gave it 4.5 Stars - http://www.musicradar.com/gear/tech/computers-software/mobile-apps/ipad-apps/genome-505059
* Apps must support virtual MIDI ports
** Supports exporting songs and patterns from GMS and importing MIDI loops (not complete multitrack songs).
*** Your local network conditions will affect performance. The Windows rtpMIDI driver is not officially supported at this time.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Added new 'preview' button whenever you select some notes in the pattern editor (so you can hear a part that you are working on).
- Now when you press the 'fit to view button' and you have notes selected, it will just zoom in on those notes.
- Fixed MIDI Exporting
- Now when you change the length of the pattern while the song is playing, genome will restart the pattern so that it stays in sync with the other patterns, instead of allowing it to continue playing and be 'off' by a bar.
re-added ‘edit’ option for sequencer long tap menu
- Updated to latest Auduiobus version - 2.2.1
- USD 12.99
- Category: Music
- Updated: 20 September 2015
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: David Wallin
- © 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.