By Slowchop Studios
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Gravit is visually stunning gravity simulator, where you can spend many hours of fun and experimentation. It simulates the N-body problem using the Barnes-Hut Algorithm.
** NOTE ** There is a bug with the keyboard controls. You must hold down the "fn" key when pressing the function keys (F1-F12). Press:
- fn-F8 to start a new simulation
- fn-F6 to start recording
This will be fixed very soon, with on-screen buttons.
Many features including:
- It looks pretty and is easy to use.
- View the simulation in 3D using stereoscopic imaging!
- You can record, then play back at any speed
- Stores every particle's position for every frame in memory
- Compresses history when needed, for very long recordings
- Mouse controllable rotation
- Colours can be based on mass, velocity, acceleration, momentum or kinetic energy
- See an octtree being created in real-time
- Save/Load functionality
- Update display/input while recording a frame