Macquarie Compact Australian Dictionary
By Macquarie Dictionary Publishers Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***COMPLETELY REVISED & UPDATED with new features including audio pronunciations!
The Macquarie Compact Australian Dictionary app is fast and easy to use, providing users with a compact and accessible reference for Australian English.
Based on the new Macquarie Essential Dictionary Fifth Edition and equivalent to a 1000 page book retailing at A$30, the app includes:
- Over 49,000 words and phrases
- Over 84,000 definitions
- Over 8000 phrases
- Over 2700 colloquial words and phrases
- Audio pronunciations (new!)
- IPA pronunciations
- Idiomatic phrases
Search features include:
- Simple and fast search
- Fuzzy and wildcard search options
- Voice search (new!)
- Browse through entries (new!)
- Bookmark entries (new!)
- Recent search list (new!)
- Note-taking feature (new!)
- Cross-reference links (new!)
- Options to share content (new!)
- Word of the Day (new!)
- Compatible with VoiceOver
- Access anytime without an internet connection*
*Note that access to audio pronunciations requires internet connection.
*Note iPad version currently does not rotate screen - this will be fixed in later updates to come.
Based on the Macquarie Essential Dictionary Fifth Edition, this features new words, phrases and definitions such as:
information technology — brain bank, breadcrumb trail and lifestreaming
science — activated carbon, biofuel and saviour sibling
health and medicine — blood doping, health tourism and lap band
leisure and fashion — ear gauging, flashpacker, fur child and pop-up shop
business — ecotax, footloose industry, freeconomics and global commons
social interest — baby brain, helicopter parenting and latte liberal
This app is from the publishers of the popular, authoritative Macquarie Dictionary — Australia's national dictionary. The Macquarie Dictionary continues to change, adapt and re-adjust to reflect Australian language.
Macquarie, by definition Australian
Copyright © Macquarie Dictionary Publishers Australia 2013
What's New in Version 2.0.4
- Various bug fixes
- Category: Reference
- Updated: 24 December 2013
- Version: 2.0.4
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Developer: Macquarie Dictionary Publishers Pty Ltd
- © Macquarie Dictionary Publishers Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.