MedEquiv VIDAL 2011
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Healthcare professionals, you may, from time to time, have to counsel patients taking foreign medication.
With medEquiv, the new VIDAL application, you can from now on simply find the equivalent drug from among nearly 190 000 specialities referred in 30 countries.
Be it from the French or foreign denomination of a speciality, this application, which can be used without an Internet connection, remains a very practical tool on a daily basis.
The interface of the medEquiv application is available in 4 languages: French, English, Spanish and Portuguese. The wording of the drugs can be consulted either in one of the languages of the interface, or in the language of the country in which it is marketed.
The application medEquiv 2011 can be used without time limitation and does not include any update.
- Search a product available from its country of origin or of destination
- Interface in 4 languages (French, English, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Display of the products in the language of the country marketing it (14 languages)
- Consultation of the equivalents of over 198 000 medical specialities
- Selection among a list of 30 countries: Algeria, Germany, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Chile, Denmark, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United States, Finland, France, Great Britain, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Morocco, Mexico, Norway, Netherlands, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Switzerland, Sweden, Tunisia
- Possible association of 3 equivalence criteria: ATC classification, route of administration, formulation
- Simple and intuitive navigation from menus or specific icons
- Management of favourites per Name of medicines, Equivalents or Country
Conditions of use:
The medEquiv application of VIDAL editions is exclusively for healthcare professionals.
VIDAL would like to inform their users that the medEquiv application, because of the complexity of information included, cannot exclude omissions or the presence of erroneous information. VIDAL commits themselves to rectify the omissions or errors which it will have been informed of or that will have been indicated by the user. In addition, because of the acquisition of new information on the drug, it is recommended that the user carries out each year an update of the application in order to have the most reliable data.
The use of this application does not exempt healthcare professionals from checking information available with the appropriate regulatory body or any other official source. The present application could not replace the decision of the prescriber, sole judge of therapeutics to consider. Consequently, VIDAL will not be held responsible for all direct or indirect damage, in particular those resulting from the action of a third party against an expert, and which may result from an omission or erroneous information in the present application, this includes any action of a third party against the expert based on the system of liability for defective products as defined by articles 1386-1 and following of the Civil code.