South Shields Sandhaven Beach
By Shoo Fly
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sandhaven Beach Trail - an official application for South Tyneside Council.
More than just a walk in the park!
Take a virtual walk along the beautiful, award winning coastline of South Shields in the North East of England. Stroll through sand dunes and along cliff tops to discover the natural wildlife and stunning sandy beaches.
Listen to an RNLI volunteer tell the history of birthplace of the worlds first purpose built lifeboat in 1789. View fascinating images of times past and present and see how contemporary artists have captured the unique character of the area through photography, sculpture and poetry.
The application has the following features:
GPS based location information - wander along the foreshore and discover leisure and cultural hotspots.
• View images and information about each hotspot
• Listen to audio descriptions of places of interest
• View image galleries showing Sandhaven Beach past and present
• View a gallery of contemporary artworks
• Listen to young award winning poet, Jake Campbell respond to the 'foreshore' of his home town.
What's New in Version 2.1
Minor spelling and web link changes.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: 12 September 2012
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 67.9 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Shoo Fly Publishing LTD
- © 2012 Shoo Fly Publishing LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.