Streetmuseum: Dickens' Dark London
By Brothers and Sisters Creative Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dickens: Dark London by the Museum of London takes users on a journey through the darker side of Charles Dickens’ London in a unique series of interactive graphic novels narrated by Tinker Tailor Solder Spy actor Mark Strong.
Beautifully imagined by renowned illustrator David Foldvari, this graphic novel app follows Dickens on his night walks of London – the city he called his ‘magic lantern’ and his muse.
As an insomniac, Dickens roamed the city streets gathering inspiration from the people and places he observed.
Bonus material featuring illustrated excerpts of some of Dickens’ most famous novels – from Bleak House to Oliver Twist – will also bring to life the 19th century city that Dickens used as the backdrop for many of his greatest works.
Drawn from a selection of his short stories featured in Sketches By Boz, Dickens: Dark London is published monthly throughout the run of the exhibition to echo how Dickens himself released his writings.
All editions of the app will be brought together on an 1862 map of London, overlaid on a modern satellite map of the capital, allowing users to compare the city that Dickens knew with the London of today.
The first edition of Dickens: Dark London will be available free of charge. Each subsequent edition will be available to download monthly for £1.49 on iTunes.
What's New in Version 1.3
* iPad 3 retina fixes.
* Museum of London information screen updated.
* Note: if audio is not working please ensure the mute button is off on the side of the iPad and also that the sound volume is up in Settings / General / Sounds.
* Also note: if the app crashes when downloading a new edition please free up space on your device and then try again - thanks.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: 09 June 2012
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Developer: Brothers and Sisters Creative Ltd
- © 2011 Brothers and Sisters Creative Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.