By MachineCodex Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ancient Games of Asymmetrical Strategy
Tafl Games - favourite board games of the Celts and Vikings - were played for millennia in northern Europe. This loving iPad rendition of Tafl brings to life seven ancient board layouts: Brandubh, Fidchell, Ard Ri, Tablut, Tawlbwrdd, Hnefatafl and Alea Evangelii. Four layouts are included in the iPhone version: Brandubh, Fidchell, Ard Ri and Tablut.
Whether playing against your iPad, iPhone, or your friends, Tafl will provide you with hours of enjoyable strategic play. The smaller boards afford swift, decisive games, while the larger boards allow lengthier development and immersive game play.
Unlike Chess or Checkers, Tafl is an asymmetrical strategy game. Put simply, the Attacker aims to capture the opponent's King, while the Defender attempts to get the King to a corner square.
Interesting historical notes about each board are included. I have found the process of researching these games to be a fascinating journey of discovery, and I have aimed to share some of the richness of this history in these notes.
What's New in Version 1.2
• New settings interface:
• Control whether Throne and Corner squares are Out of Bounds or Hostile
• Special 4 piece King capture
• Special King edge escape
• Improvements to the Autoplayer
• Enabled paging on the main picker view
• Autoplayer now handles being played into a corner by forfeiting the game
- Category: Games
- Updated: 17 September 2010
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 48.1 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: MachineCodex Software
- © MachineCodex Software Australia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.