The Vault - Secure Document and Data Storage
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
IMPORTANT: BACKUP YOUR DATA BEFORE UPDATING TO A NEW iOS VERSION !!
|| The Vault - Secure Storage for iPhone & iPad ||
The Vault provides straightforward, easy to use, secure storage for all your documents and other data, such as passwords, login credentials and any other confidential information. It can even securely store any number of images, screenshots or photos along with your confidential information.
* 256-bit AES encryption *
While storage and access is simple, The Vault uses rock-solid, industry standard encryption.
= WHY IS IT BETTER ?
- The Vault is very simple to use, yet it employs industry-standard encryption to keep your data safe.
(Some other - payed - apps do too, but some apps advertised as "secure" really do not, and for example save your data using a simple base-64 encoding; which means your information looks scrambled, but is as readable as plain text when you know how).
- The Vault will - never - bug you about payed "subscriptions" etc! It just works. Commercial popups are annoying!
- The Vault will - never - show ad banners! We hate them too!
- The Vault stores information on * your * device. Not on some server somewhere on the net.
- The Vault can securely store photos and pictures from your camera or photo library; for example a screenshot of your passport, credit card, or just the serial numbers of some equipment you own. Anything.
- An in app purchase is available that allows The Vault to securely store *any* document you send to it via Mail, Safari, Dropbox or iTunes. Many secured documents can be viewed directly from The Vault, including PDFs, Keynote, Numbers, Pages, Powerpoint, Excel and Word files.
- In addition an Import option is available that will allow you to import data exported from your previous password app (or any other source that can provide the data).
- Use as many Folders/Categories as you like (including No categories at all: simplicity first!).
- With current iOS versions that may sync your data via iCloud, the encryption strength offered by The Vault has become more essential than ever!
Thank you for the valuable feedback!
Some quick Q&A:
(translated using G o o g l e Translate when we don't speak the language)
Q1: I love it, but how can I check it is safe?
A1: We needed to get US Government approval to export encryption this strong (really!)
Q1a: I believe you, but how can *I* check?
A1a: A Secure Backup option is available that will allow you to send the encrypted database anywhere. Send it to a hacker or anybody who knows about encryption. (really! the purpose is to send it to yourself as an additional backup - but feel free to have any encryption expert check it; We would love to hear about their results)
Q2: Can I import my confidential stuff from my current password app?
A2: Yes you can!
Q3: Can I backup my data to a local network?
A3: Yes, you can backup your (still encrypted!) database to Dropbox, or to your local Mac or PC.
Q3a: Will you add a feature to sync my confidential information between my iPhone/iPad/Touch?
A3a: A SecureSync feature is now available!
Q4: Is a 5-digit passcode secure?
A5: Yes! It is not used for encrypting your data. See the in-app Usage page for a detailed explanation/calculation (it's a free app, just read it and judge for yourself!).
Q5: Will you add themes?
A4: Maybe. The goal is to keep this as *simple & functional* as possible. You can find anything - theme or not - by just starting to type a few characters. Who needs "themes" when you can search across content and just find *whatever* you want.
Q6. How safe is the photo and document storage?
A6. *Every* confidential bit of information is 256-bit AES encrypted, including every bit of your documents.
What's New in Version 3.4.6
Last update before the release of The Vault 4.0 - which has been completely rewritten, from scratch.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: 04 February 2014
- Version: 3.4.6
- Size: 14.4 MB
- Language: English
- Developer: Wouter Veldhuis
- © 2011-2013 W.B.Veldhuis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- theVault Secure Backup & RestoreUSD 1.99
- theVault securePDFUSD 4.99
- theVault ExportUSD 1.99
- theVault ImportUSD 1.99